• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

P and Delete won't work... HELP!!!

musicnerd

Lurker
Sep 2, 2010
I have an HTC G1. I had taken it to a theme park but it never got wet. Whem I would press the P button (keyboard)it would put random letters. When DELETE (both on keyboard and the front backspace) is pushed i get "GHJFJHF" and my volume goes up and down. I was traveling from Ohio tonight and the keyboard was working fine. As soon as I got home, the buttoms were doing this again. The virtual keyboard works just fine though.

PLEASE HELP

The first step is going to be a master reset. When I was using my G1, I was plagued with some of the hardware buttons deciding they didn't want to play nice from time to time. This was always remedied with a factory reset. If that doesn't solve your issue, then it is something internally and you will need to have a warranty exchange processed(if you have a warranty), or take it to a repair shop.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones