1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

p1ma40 ,problem with a registration into the Google account, Factory Reset Protection?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by radimtr, Jan 24, 2020.

1. radimtr

radimtr Lurker

Hello. I have a problem, maybe it concerns Factory Reset Protection.

I bought a Lenovo p1ma40 phone from a friend, the operating system should have Android 5.1.

The phone required to select a language, then inserting a simcard and then connecting to the Internet on a Wi-Fi network / WLAN from the beginning to power on and start up the startup screen. After a few seconds, he showed a message that the connection to Google servers was unsuccessful or something similar. Inserting or not inserting the simcard did not affect the overall result. All wi-fi networks detected, but none could be connected. I did a hard reset via "wipe data / factory reset". Requires an Internet connection after restarting in the initial setup. Detects Wi-Fi networks, but when you click on one of them to connect immediately displays the message "Couldn't connect to the internet". The Google Account Verification screen will not appear at all.

When switched on via Volume Up + Start it shows, among other things:

MMI Test: Fail

PCBA Test: Fail

Sensor test: fail

Fastboot mode does not appear to work.

I do not have my own PC on which I would have permission to install some software as a network administrator. I have available:

- A working Lenovo phone with Android 6.0

- flash drive

- USB cables

- OTG reduction

Do you know any solution how I can put into operation or test, diagnose, if possible without paid software, eg free software, myself, this phone? Thank you very much for your help.

Advertisement

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I merged your two threads into this one so it is easier for you and the folks trying to help to keep up with the conversation. I left a link in the other location as well. Good luck. :)

#2 Unforgiven, Jan 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    mikedt and ocnbrze like this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

try rebooting your router....this does not sound like FRP. however, i think that once you establish a connection, you will then need to sign in with the original account info.....so you may need your friends help, once you get to the sign in stage.

mikedt likes this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Quite frankly that sounds like a logic-board{PCBA) failure, or perhaps someone flashed the wrong firmware. It's not FRP causing this.

If it's a hardware failure, that's repair or replacement required, or you'll be buying a new phone. AFAIK to flash firmware on a Lenovo almost certainly requires a PC. For procedure and required software, there might be something here for the Lenovo Vibe P1m.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/lenovo-vibe-p1m/development

#4 mikedt, Jan 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    ocnbrze likes this.