• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

p1ma40 ,problem with a registration into the Google account, Factory Reset Protection?

radimtr

Lurker
Jan 24, 2020
Hello. I have a problem, maybe it concerns Factory Reset Protection.

I bought a Lenovo p1ma40 phone from a friend, the operating system should have Android 5.1.

The phone required to select a language, then inserting a simcard and then connecting to the Internet on a Wi-Fi network / WLAN from the beginning to power on and start up the startup screen. After a few seconds, he showed a message that the connection to Google servers was unsuccessful or something similar. Inserting or not inserting the simcard did not affect the overall result. All wi-fi networks detected, but none could be connected. I did a hard reset via "wipe data / factory reset". Requires an Internet connection after restarting in the initial setup. Detects Wi-Fi networks, but when you click on one of them to connect immediately displays the message "Couldn't connect to the internet". The Google Account Verification screen will not appear at all.

When switched on via Volume Up + Start it shows, among other things:

MMI Test: Fail

PCBA Test: Fail

Sensor test: fail

Fastboot mode does not appear to work.

I do not have my own PC on which I would have permission to install some software as a network administrator. I have available:

- A working Lenovo phone with Android 6.0

- flash drive

- USB cables

- OTG reduction

Do you know any solution how I can put into operation or test, diagnose, if possible without paid software, eg free software, myself, this phone? Thank you very much for your help.

Hello. I have a problem, maybe it concerns Factory Reset Protection.

I bought a Lenovo p1ma40 phone from a friend, the operating system should have Android 5.1.

The phone required to select a language, then inserting a simcard and then connecting to the Internet on a Wi-Fi network / WLAN from the beginning to power on and start up the startup screen. After a few seconds, he showed a message that the connection to Google servers was unsuccessful or something similar. Inserting or not inserting the simcard did not affect the overall result. All wi-fi networks detected, but none could be connected. I did a hard reset via "wipe data / factory reset". Requires an Internet connection after restarting in the initial setup. Detects Wi-Fi networks, but when you click on one of them to connect immediately displays the message "Couldn't connect to the internet". The Google Account Verification screen will not appear at all.

When switched on via Volume Up + Start it shows, among other things:

MMI Test: Fail

PCBA Test: Fail

Sensor test: fail

Fastboot mode does not appear to work.

I do not have my own PC on which I would have permission to install some software as a network administrator. I have available:

- A working Lenovo phone with Android 6.0

- flash drive

- USB cables

- OTG reduction

Do you know any solution how I can put into operation or test, diagnose, if possible without paid software, eg free software, myself, this phone? Thank you very much for your help.

Quite frankly that sounds like a logic-board{PCBA) failure, or perhaps someone flashed the wrong firmware. It's not FRP causing this.

If it's a hardware failure, that's repair or replacement required, or you'll be buying a new phone. AFAIK to flash firmware on a Lenovo almost certainly requires a PC. For procedure and required software, there might be something here for the Lenovo Vibe P1m.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/lenovo-vibe-p1m/development

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones