• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root P500 kept restarting after rooted with 2.3.5

eyf21

Lurker
Sep 1, 2011
hi all, just yesterday phone was rooted to 2.3.5 and credits to -Daschmarotzer- for the guide. everything works perfectly fine except the fact that the phone seems to turn off by itself occasionally. only thing i've change was the performance chaging the cpu settings to 'PERFORMANCE' where max cpu increased to 806MHz,other than that nothing much.

plus ive accidentally deleted the application icon(where it opens up the uncatalogued page from the main page). is there any way to get back that icon?. cheers:D

hi all, just yesterday phone was rooted to 2.3.5 and credits to -Daschmarotzer- for the guide. everything works perfectly fine except the fact that the phone seems to turn off by itself occasionally. only thing i've change was the performance chaging the cpu settings to 'PERFORMANCE' where max cpu increased to 806MHz,other than that nothing much.

plus ive accidentally deleted the application icon(where it opens up the uncatalogued page from the main page). is there any way to get back that icon?. cheers:D

Not all the time your phone can stand a high CPU speed. It usually ends up in something called 'Kernal panic'. Just keep the CPU value between 480 and 720. has worked out well for me.

And if you are talking application drawer (the second case), you do a long press on the screen and you will see the app drawer icon somewhere in a sublist (im using a new ROM right now, so i dont have that option on my phone. But i have done the same a few times and know its somewhere there :D)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones