1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support P8 Lite Bricked, No USB debugging (ALE-L23 - EMUI 3.1, V432B170)

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Johnman, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Johnman

Johnman Newbie
    None

Mar 20, 2016
    Male
    Hello everybody!

I've had my p8 lite for a day now (running on adroid 5.0.1) , and found out this morning that there is a beta update for the marshmallow version. Downloaded the intermediary B188 update package, required to bridge the update to android 6.0.

Ran the local update, it was succesful, and it prompted me to restart. After that, it's been stuck at the Huawei logo, and nothing seems to work.

I've tried clearing the cache, factory reset, rebooting. Same result.

I did download the stock firmaware, and tried connecting the phone via usb so i can manually install it, but the pc does not detect the phone, no matter what i do. Even HiSuite opens up when the phone is plugged in, only to say that no device has been detected.

I tried to access the recovery screen, but the only option i get is "press volume key up to exit this screen", and a big green message stating the phone is LOCKED.

I really don't know how i can solve the problem. I've browsed the internet for hours, but haven't seen anyone with this issue.

Please, i kindly request your aid in resolving the issue. Thank you in advance!

Edit: Noticed that i can select options in the wipe data screen using touch controls, unlike other devices where only volume buttons were able to do that.

Advertisement

#1 Johnman, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  2. DB_Carwell

DB_Carwell Guest
    None
    http://www.hardreset.info/devices/huawei/huawei-p8/
    Hi, Try this procedure it fixed my HP8 after I ran into a root issue and bricked it with no screen no nothing. Remove SD card and SIM CARD before doing this. Hit me back and let me know if there was any progress with your device.

Johnman likes this.
  3. Johnman

Johnman Newbie
    None

Mar 20, 2016
    Male
    Hello and thank you for your help. Although i've tried that before a few times, i didn't consider removing the sim card (no sd card). Unfortunately, it did not work...it's still stuck at the logo screen.

Forgot to mention my device is NOT rooted.

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #
    None

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    See if you can find the firmware package you were on prior to the update effort. It'll be in the form of an update.app. If you don't have an sdcard, buy one. Using a PC and a card reader, make a folder on the sdcard called dload. Place the update.app inside the dload folder. Now place the sdcard into a powered off P8L. Then use the hard keys to boot to factory recovery. The firmware should begin to apply.

Johnman likes this.
  5. Johnman

Johnman Newbie
    None

Mar 20, 2016
    Male
    I do have the original package. I will try that and see how it goes, thanks!

6. Johnman

Johnman Newbie
    None

Mar 20, 2016
    Male
    One more thing. How do i shutdown the phone? Whenever i long press the power button, it just restarts. I did somehow reached a screen where i had a shutdown option, but i have no idea how...

7. DB_Carwell

DB_Carwell Guest
    None
    I suggest that you contact Huawei support @ 1-888-5HUAWEI before the situation gets worse to the point it can't be rectified.

Johnman likes this.
  8. Johnman

Johnman Newbie
    None

Mar 20, 2016
    Male
    They simply suggested to check with my warranty provider. Something which is impossible, seeing as i don't have one.

I tried adding the firmware to the dload folder, under the name UPDATE.APP, on a 4gb sd card. As i can't turn off the phone, i tried only rebooting it, but i get the same Software install failed message.

Not sure if maybe it's trying to update the phone from the internal storage dload folder, rather than the sd card folder (not sure if factory reset wipes that folder as well)...or if the issue is coming from the fact that the phone was not turned off before adding the sd card.

9. iowabowtech

None

May 2, 2010
    Iowa|USA
    If you are not plugged into the pc, long pressing power should turn it off.

Johnman likes this.
  10. Johnman

Johnman Newbie
    None

Mar 20, 2016
    Male
    Technically, yes it should. But it only reboots, regardless of how much i keep the power button down.

11. iowabowtech

None

May 2, 2010
    Iowa|USA
    Well then you may just have to do it anyway. If you can get to recovery, the firmware should apply from the sdcard.

Johnman likes this.
  12. DB_Carwell

DB_Carwell Guest
    None
    Wow that sounds like a bootloop issue, and unfortunately the battery is non removable in that phone. Let me do some more checking around because this is not good thing what you're facing with this particular device. Needless to say Ive bricked a few phones in my day but I always found a solution to fix them. But I'm gonna do my best to help you fix that issue. This may not be an overnight process trying to get this phone back into operational condition.

Johnman likes this.
  13. Johnman

Johnman Newbie
    None

Mar 20, 2016
    Male
    Thank you all kindy. It's sad....i still get the update failed message, without being able to turn off the phone. I should maybe let the phone discharge its battery, and then plug it in until it's charged again....maybe that way it will take the update from the sdcard (still thinking it may not be detected)

Also, the phone had a c432b170 version. But what if i try with an even older version, could that do any good?

14. iowabowtech

None

May 2, 2010
    Iowa|USA
    Ok try this...hold down power and BOTH volume buttons at the same time. Once the huawei logo comes up, continue to hold all 3 for about 5 seconds, then release power while continuing to hold both volume buttons. That should bring you to the firmware update screen so if you have the dload folder on the sdcard with the update.app inside, it should load. If not, or if it fails, there should then be an option to "Shutdown system now". With it highlighted, short press the power button and the phone should shut down entirely.

Johnman likes this.
  15. Johnman

Johnman Newbie
    None

Mar 20, 2016
    Male
    Thanks for the advice. I tried this several times, but it always fails, and my only option is to reboot. Basically, the only way i can shut it down is by battery drain (which i hope won't take 2 days) I am trying to dl another firmware version, and it has about 2 hours remaining. Let's hope that works...

16. iowabowtech

None

May 2, 2010
    Iowa|USA
    Unfortunately hard booting Huawei's using the hardware keys rely heavily on timing and that timing can vary even on the same model. We've seen this on multiple occasions.

Johnman likes this.
  17. Johnman

Johnman Newbie
    None

Mar 20, 2016
    Male
    Are you saying that if i time the button pressing differently, i should get a different result? I can always get into the update mode, where after a brief installing message, i get another version check failed message (which lasts about 1/10 of a second, i had to try it several times to see what the message is saying) and then the update failed message.

18. iowabowtech

None

May 2, 2010
    Iowa|USA
    I'm not saying you'd get a different result on your phone each time, rather I'm saying another ALE-L23 user (maybe the person who posts "how to" instructs on the web) might have a device which requires slightly different key press timing. So sometimes experimentation is necessary.

Anyway, if your firmware is trying to load but failing, that's another matter. If you have the update.app inside a folder named dload, and you for sure have ALE-L23 firmware downloaded, then I don't know why it's not loading. Strange.

19. James L

James L Android Expert
    None

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Owner root-android-easy.com
    Peoria Il
    Hmm this is a device i'm familiar with and have fixed them before... Let me see if i can pull up my chat logs and go through them and see what i did as the client i had had similar issues. It's been quite awhile ago but i do remember who it was so that should simplify my search. @iowabowtech is correct in the timing, it has to be perfect.

It maybe a day or 2 before i can reply back as i work long hours.

20. Johnman

Johnman Newbie
    None

Mar 20, 2016
    Male
    Oh my god, i just realized that i misinformed everybody. It's actually an ALE- L21, NOT 23....

21. DB_Carwell

DB_Carwell Guest
    None
    Ooook I've been looking for information about the other. Well I guess I start over and search for information on this one now?