• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Package data

Aziza370

Lurker
Oct 8, 2011
Hello, I'm Aziza from Azerbaijan. I have a problem with my new samsung galaxy sl telephone. Whenever i use package data( for example, for facebook), more charges apply than it should be. I mean there're lots of applications which require internet connection, and whenever i open package data, these apps begin to use package data, and additional charges are applied. I would be happy if somebody explains how to stop these apps to use package data. Thanks beforehand. Have a nice day)))):)

Welcome to the AndroidForums, Aziza.

Sorry to hear about your data charges issues...not sure that I have anything specific to suggest. There are lots of apps that try to regularly synchronize with their specific "home" such as Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Turning off the sync feature of a given app should help some with your issue.

You could also try posting a question / thread in your phone's home forum to see what others might suggest:

Samsung Galaxy SL - Android Forums

Anyway, we're glad you signed-up with us here at AF.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones