1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

package error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HernandezGFX, Dec 21, 2012.

1. HernandezGFX

HernandezGFX Lurker

Hello guys,
    I have "HTC Desire 2" with "android 4.0.3"
    I was happy to get a phone with android ^^
    but i got a probleme, when i download any application from google play, when it being installing it show for me this message "Package file is invalid", just some apps works but the ones i need ( like whatsapp , viber ... etc ) cant install
    i try to download from my PC and send to SD Card to install from it , then it will show "Error parsing package file"
    Please help me, PLEASEE !!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Hi HernandezGFX, and welcome to AF,

I think the first thing is to work out what phone you have, as I've never heard of a "Desire 2". Does it have a slide-out keyboard? If so it'll be a Desire Z, in which case we'll see what the people in that forum can do. If not, tell us what it says in the about phone menu, or reboot the phone while pressing the volume down key and tell us what it says at the top of the white screen (the hboot screen)?

If it is a Desire ("bravo" on the hboot screen) then it's running a custom ROM, as there's no official android 4 for this phone. In which case the about phone menu should help us work out which.

The error messages are odd - will think about those. BTW how are you getting the apks on your PC?

3. Hadron

VIP Member

4. HernandezGFX

HernandezGFX Lurker

5. HernandezGFX

HernandezGFX Lurker

I have HTC Desire , dont have slide-out keyboard
    Anyway on the "About Phone" menu :

- System updates

- Status
    phone number, signal, etc.

- Legal information

- Model number
    HTC Desire

- Android version

- Baseband version
    32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27

- Kernel version
    2.6.38.8-Tiamat-ISC+
    drew@master) )

- Mod version
    Evervolv-Turba-2.1.0p5

- Build number
    ev_bravo-eng 4.0.3 IML74K eng.
    drew.20120128.040306 test-keys

6. Hadron

VIP Member

I think that's a fairly old (Jan 2012) ICS beta ROM you are using. Out of curiosity, did you install it yourself or was it installed when you got the phone?

I'm not sure this depends on the particular android version - people have seen it with different versions. What Play Store version do you have?

If other solutions don't work, maybe changing to a newer version of the ROM will. This is why I asked whether you installed this yourself - if not, I suggest doing some reading to learn about how to do this. There are some guides/faqs in the Desire All Things Root Guide sticky post in this forum. Don't try doing anything until you are sure you know what you are doing - ask first if any doubt at all. I'll try to help, but at this time of year I cannot be around much. Sandvold's ICS ROM is probably the closest to what you have - there's a link to a list of ROMs in that sticky post, and you'll find that ROM in the list.

Take a backup from recovery before changing anything. And don't rush.

The other option is to ask in the Android Lounge forum, since this problem is not device specific - I think one of the threads I linked was from there, so you could even ask there.

7. HernandezGFX

HernandezGFX Lurker

i dont install it myself , i didnt change in the phone anything, just download some apps

How can i resolve this now, please where can i read guides ...

8. Hadron

VIP Member

Ok, so you have bought a phone that the previous owner has modified. In the jargon your phone has been "rooted" (giving you administrator access) and is running a custom ROM (unofficial software, based on a more recent version of Android than the HTC software). Neither of these are bad things - most of us here have done this to our own phones - but it would be good for you to understand what you have.

I have to go offline again now, but if you look at the Desire All Things Root Guide sticky post in this forum it contains links to posts which will explain some of this stuff.

One thing that may help us advise you: shut the phone down, then reboot while pressing the volume down key. You'll get a white screen with a short menu on it. If you tell us everything it says at the top of the screen that will help us know what your setup is.

I suspect a newer ROM may be the answer, but we don't want to risk messing stuff up or losing data.

While in that white screen, select "recovery". This should give you a new menu. Find backup & restore and take a backup. This will save your current setup. You can reboot normally after that.

I'll try to be back later.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews