1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

"Package file invalid" error?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dodgeaj02, Dec 28, 2011.

1. dodgeaj02

dodgeaj02 Newbie

I've read other threads on this problem but none helped, so hopefully you guys will be able to. I just installed CM7, and since then (this didn't happen before) about half of the apps gave me a "package file invalid" error. The apps that give me this error also don't load their little app icon in the market. In addition to this, apps like pocket frogs and tiny tower (which I already have installed) now tell me that my service is unavailable and then close immediately, even when my service is fine. Any idea on how to fix this?

tl;dr - Half of the app store apps give me a "package file invalid" error and already installed apps give me an "unable to connect to service" error

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

I would personally try reflashing the ROM and making sure you flash gapps as well before booting (I assume you did this the first time as well). Make sure to clear everything before flashing (wiping /data, /cache, /system, and dalvik cache). There could have been an issue while doing this the first time :thinking:.

When you refer to apps you already have installed, what do you mean? From Titanium Backup or the like? Or something else? After flashing the ROM there should not be any non-system apps on the phone (besides the gapps that you flashed).

3. dodgeaj02

dodgeaj02 Newbie

Well the weird thing is, I was able to install apps like pocket frog and tiny tower, and sometimes they would work but most of the time they would give me the unable to connect to service error. So I uninstalled them and when I went to reinstall them they gave me the package file invalid error. What do I do to get rid of CM7 to reflash it? Just factory reset?

4. dodgeaj02

dodgeaj02 Newbie

So I reflashed the rom, and it was working just fine until I turned my phone on this morning and I'm still getting the same two error messages. Anyone know why this could be happening?

5. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

What did you do after installing the apps (you downloaded/installed from the market right, not a backup?) and before you started having the issue again? Even if it seems like something normal, it might be part of the issue.

6. dodgeaj02

dodgeaj02 Newbie

I just tested the apps to see if they worked, played on them a bit, and turned the phone off when I went to bed. However, I have now discovered I only get these errors when I'm connected to wifi. Could it be a problem with the wireless connection? If it is, it should be noted that I'm currently staying in a hotel.

7. mantera

mantera Android Expert

I bet your hotel wifi is one of those that you need to agree to their agreement before you can connect to the wifi. Open your browser and agree to their agreement first then you should be able to connect in the market.

8. aspecialdad

aspecialdad Lurker

I found on larger apps I can't download via wifi either get the file package is invalid, if I put it on 3g only download np

9. marc12868

marc12868 Android Expert

I seem to have the same problem... Even tho I have high speed internet downloading larger apps it seems to get corrupted or something and won't install... But using the browser, or Amazon appstore its fine just not with the market.

10. church

church Newbie

i have that issue with miui 1.11.25 but all i have to do is restart the download and on the 2nd or 3rd try i get the download

11. mantera

mantera Android Expert

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews