• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Package file is invalid error

You would have to go to /etc/init.d to find the 01dalvik, once found delete it. then go to manage applications and Erase the cache/data from the Google Play/Android Market app. Then reboot into recovery and wipe dalvik cacheTHEN wipe cache. It will take a while for the phone to boot up again. So be Patient.

Also. I've noticed roms like backside don't have that file... So there shouldnt be a invalid error ;) if you are using that rom.

Upvote 0
The 01mvdalvik or 01dalvik also may not be in /system/etc/init.d if you're running darktremor / Link2SD / s2e for a sd-ext partition on your SD card. On s2e, there's an option to either place it on the sd-ext or internal memory. Link2SD lets you choose where to put the dalvik files for each app individually. I'm not sure about darktremor since I havn't used it. Either way, when running a sd-ext script, don't even try looking for the dalvik file. Just wipe cache and dalvik and it should be ok.

Upvote 0
Just fixed the same problem 'package file is invalid'. I couldnt download an app over 9mb in size. Called samsung and they hadnt a clue how to fix it they just told me to restore device to factory settings. I stupidly done this but it didnt fix it

Called my network provider, they helped me change a couple of network settings, delete play store data and cache n restored default settings and now its working fine.

Upvote 0
This is what I accidentally posted in bobz cm7 thread instead of this one:
Try moving and/or deleting the 01mvdalvik file out of init.d, located here: /system/etc/init.d/01mvdalvik, clear market cache and data, reboot recovery, wipe cache/dalvik_cache, reboot.
This is to fix market^ use "es file explorer" or "root explorer" this goes for ALL roms

Thank BobZhome, not me.....

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem too, and I tried the thing sammyz said, but there is no such file in my phone. I used Root Explorer, go into the /system/etc folder, but there was no such folder as init.d. There were just init.goldfish.sh and init.qcom.bt.sh and such.

I'm using a LG-E405 phone with Android 2.3.5, if that helps.

Anyone giving me a hand? I'm exhausted finding compatible .apk files on websites and plug my phone in and put those files in the sd card and setting them up. It just takes too much time. I want to use Google Play T______T

Edit: I aslo tried clearing the cache, data,... even rebooting my phone many times, but nothing worked. I've just bought my phone, and I still couldn't download anything from Google Play yet.

Upvote 0
i have never had this problem. but i might try uninstalling market updates then connecting. it will update and maybe fix.just an idea i just got an optimus but dont use it much yet. but have the forum inmy favorites. connect through browser. i dont know just adifferent angle maybe manually remove market , data a n .dex renstllall playstore then let it update?

Upvote 0
Hi, Im new to this forum. About file invalid error on playstore... I faced the same problem before. So I jzt experiment something new and it worked. Just go to the access point names and see if there is an option to edit data access point settings. Then see if your connection is proxy enabled. If enabled, write down the proxy address for future referance. Then erace the proxy address and save settings. Now go to play store and see if it works! Worked for me... Itz easy and give it a try if you are going to do more advanced thing like FLASHING THE ROM... Blessings... AND OMG THIS IS MY FIRST REPLY IN FORUM.... ;-)

You are the MAN, it worked for me :)... Thanks a lot Bro...... I had been suffering a lot because of this damn error message.... Thanks again..............

Upvote 0
Hi there,

I'm having the same problem too, and I tried the thing sammyz said, but there is no such file in my phone. I used Root Explorer, go into the /system/etc folder, but there was no such folder as init.d. There were just init.goldfish.sh and init.qcom.bt.sh and such.

I'm using a LG-E405 phone with Android 2.3.5, if that helps.

Anyone giving me a hand? I'm exhausted finding compatible .apk files on websites and plug my phone in and put those files in the sd card and setting them up. It just takes too much time. I want to use Google Play T______T

Edit: I aslo tried clearing the cache, data,... even rebooting my phone many times, but nothing worked. I've just bought my phone, and I still couldn't download anything from Google Play yet.
i used the search method on my rugby pro found /system/bin/dalvikvm so is this the file i need to delete? Also im really new at all this never rooted anything but for me to root my phone it says i need to use ODIN v3.04. I do not know anything about ODIN but i assume i would rather have 4.0.4 that came on my phone. After rooting is it possible to go back to the 4.0.4? Also is it necessary to do all of this? I haven't even seen another rugby pro have this problem in the forums. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated

Upvote 0
Okay, I've had this issue off and on for several weeks. This past week, it's been ON and nothing, and I mean none of the prescriptions I found worked.
FINALLY I tried one more self prescribed pill.
In Titanium Backup I first thought I could freeze the app and try installing as if it were new. That didn't work because the Play Store still sees that app but as disabled.
Still in TiBu, I did a Backup>Verify>Uninstall, went to Play and VOILA!! I was able to download again without the error.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones