1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Packet Data switches itself off!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cynide, Apr 13, 2012.

1. cynide

cynide Lurker

My packet data keeps disabling itself for no reason. When i reactivate it sometimes reconnects and im able to continue using the net, other times even tho its active i cant connect. The only solution is to restart the phone! Also if i use wifi, when i deactivate it my packet data wont connect again. I never had this problem before. have tested it next to someone on the same carrier who is also using a Note and he has no problem.
    is this a software bug thats suddenly popped up? is it maybe an app that is causing the problem.
    Its really odd, once it switches the packet data off, even after i reactivate it, nothing i do can get the data connection to kick in again, other than restarting the phone. Backround data being on or off doesnt change anything either.
    Anybody have the same problem or have any solutions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. touringhaggis

touringhaggis Android Enthusiast

My first guess would be some form of battery stretching app is disabling your data connection. I have this problem with my WiFi when I am at the limits of the range.

I have also sometimes seen the effect where data is turned off and will not automatically turn back on. What I do is go into the BatteryXL app and left swipe to see the list of radios and turn on data there. This always managed to bring the data connection back to life.

Still, I am beginning to think that the battery stretcher(s) are more trouble than they are worth.

Hope this helps...

Regards,
    Eric Ritchie.

drunkenmax likes this.
  3. cynide

cynide Lurker

i dont have any battery extenders installed, so it cant be that. Im going to Samsung store later today to see if they have any ideas.
    I think its a software bug, that seems the only explination, because i never had a problem before. I may try a factory reset to see if that fixes it, but that means backing up and reloading and my contacts and media.

4. Evenfront93

Evenfront93 Lurker

I've got a similar problem. I use Exchange Activesync and it works well, but twice now it's stopped working for no apparent reason. Samsung's answer is to reset to factory defaults and start again. This worked OK but isn't a long term solution.

I've also got an SII and have experienced no problems with this. Both phones connect to the same Exchange 2010 server, but the Note keeps losing email connectivity. Any ideas?

5. droidcentric

droidcentric Well-Known Member

I get this from time to time but for sure it has to be app related. It never happened until after i installed/removed so much crap there was no way to actually know the root cause. It only happens sometimes and when it does turning on airplane mode then turning it off will kick it in gear. I will reset my phone in the near future to see how that plays out. Did try a battery saver app a while back and that may have screwed something up.

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews