1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Paid Android Dev Tutoring?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by apensity, May 14, 2011.

1. apensity

apensity Newbie

I recently had to leave my job working as a Commercial Lender so I could be at home with my wife and daughters because of medical issues two of them had. Because of my past experience in web development and graphic design (pre-banking days), I decided to look into Android Development as I have always tried to be on the edge of new technology. However, my full time job really cut into any of that "hobby" time. So now I am trying to develop some apps and have followed the advice of many members here, as well as most other top Android Dev forums, and bought a few JAVA books (Head First, Sam's Teach Yourself, Java All-in-one Desk Ref, as well as Android Application Development for Dummies). I've also watched thenewboston's and cornboyz YouTube tutorials (and many others as well). I just learn best one-on-one.
    So have any of you been hired on as a tutor? I know it is rare to find one, but I wanted to test the waters and see what kind of support is out there since I am on a tighter schedule than most people and can't (not won't, but can't) wait for a 18 month degree.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hey there - i find myself in a similar if less dire situation. (I don't have a family I have to support.) I have what I believe to be a couple of great utility app ideas I want to develop. While I'm fairly tech savvy and learn quickly, I have no programming background. I could possibly learn from books, but it's so much easier when you have someone there you can just ask and learn from. Can sometimes be the difference between a 3 hour frustrating search for the answer and a 5 minute simple solution from someone who already knows!

I'll be interested to know if anyone responds to this. I wouldn't even mind the school thing, but like you, I am not in a position to do an 18 month drawn out thing. I'm looking for more of a 1 month all day every day crash course.

If anyone knows of anything like that, please share! And BTW, I'm in Los Angeles area.