• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Paid apps in Singapore

Greetings,

I read that paid apps are now (as of 30 September 2010) available in Singapore. How do I buy them? The Android Market app on my phone still does not list any paid apps. Will the market app be somehow upgraded automatically or do I have to do anything?

Appreciate your help.

Regards
AJ

or, if you're really really impatient (like me!) You can actually access paid apps by downloading an app called market access to your phone. It emulates sim cards from around the world. I live in Indonesia where paid apps are a no go but my phone thinks my indonesian sim is actually a t mobile australia one. Mind you, you do need to root your phone.

Reactions: apmjoshi
Upvote 0
Thank you both ironman666 and jollygoon.

I will wait for a few more days to see if paid apps get enabled in the market before venturing into rooting the phone.

I wanted to buy the paid version of Robo Defense (to get weapons upgrades since I am stuck on level 9 of the free version) which can wait for a few days. Of course if you know any tips/tricks to get past this level, you will make my day :)

Regards,
AJ

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones