• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Paid Apps...You still have them

Jshizzy

Feb 15, 2010
Not sure if this is common knowledge but any apps you have purchased from the Market before 2.1 update, you still have. Just find the App in the Market and re-install for free. It will tell you in the app list if you have already purchased this app and give you the option to install.

Reactions: flspnr
Not sure if this is common knowledge but any apps you have purchased from the Market before 2.1 update, you still have. Just find the App in the Market and re-install for free. It will tell you in the app list if you have already purchased this app and give you the option to install.

Thanks for posting this, I was repeating it a lot last night.

IMPORTANT ALSO, if you have paid for an app OR downloaded one for free and it does not show up in the market after upgrading to 2.1 BE PATIENT. It's copyrighted! It will show up when the Eris is officially upgraded to 2.1, whenever that is, and google officially tells the market that the Eris is in the 2.1 market. They WILL come back when this happens. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for posting this, I was repeating it a lot last night.

IMPORTANT ALSO, if you have paid for an app OR downloaded one for free and it does not show up in the market after upgrading to 2.1 BE PATIENT. It's copyrighted! It will show up when the Eris is officially upgraded to 2.1, whenever that is, and google officially tells the market that the Eris is in the 2.1 market. They WILL come back when this happens. :)

But but buttttt, I want it nowww :-( lol. jk jk. Only ones I'm having an issue finding are my camera app and this other social networking app that I had. Oh well. 2.1 is worth it I guess :p

Upvote 0
But but buttttt, I want it nowww :-( lol. jk jk. Only ones I'm having an issue finding are my camera app and this other social networking app that I had. Oh well. 2.1 is worth it I guess :p

I know the feeling! I am a little on the broke side right now, so not many paid apps for me, but I did pay for PicSay Pro to be able to use some of the features not in the free version and I love it and use it all the time, and I can't get it in the market yet. :( Gotta find something else to occupy my hands...wait...new stuff on 2.1...I can wait. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones