• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Paid Market Apps Question

nacatomi

Android Enthusiast
Jun 22, 2010
Hi All,
this may have been covered before but have had a bit of a search but cant find the answer. I just want to know that if my GF also gets an android phone can any apps I buy also be installed on her phone like you can with certain fruit based phones?

I know that is tied to your iTunes account but I set up her ipod my my account so can install any apps i purchase on hers too. But she will have to have to use her own gmail account for her phone so was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

TIA

You can use ASTRO to backup an app or game from your phone to your SD Card, then
insert the SD card into your GF's phone and install the app or game onto her phone.

Details:
Open ASTRO on your phone.
Hit the menu button and choose "Tools".
Choose "Application Manager/Backup".

You then get a list of apps and games that are installed onto your phone.
Next you want to select the games you want to backup.
Then hit the button "backup".

You can then close ASTRO, turn off your phone and take out the SD Card.

Insert the SD Card into your GF's phone.
Open ASTRO and navigate to the folder "backups" -> "apps".

Open the file and install :)

Hope this helps you a bit more

Upvote 0
I maybe wrong but I don't think using Astro will work.Paid apps must have to authenticate somehow,I'm guessing they use the market which would be linked to your account and therefore wouldn't authenticate if your gf was using her account.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong,as I wouldn't mind knowing the answer myself.

Upvote 0
I maybe wrong but I don't think using Astro will work.Paid apps must have to authenticate somehow,I'm guessing they use the market which would be linked to your account and therefore wouldn't authenticate if your gf was using her account.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong,as I wouldn't mind knowing the answer myself.

There is only 1 way to find out :)
Try it :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones