• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Paired device keeps disappearing

might be time for a new head unit.......i can't think of any setting or other troubleshooting that you can do. the thing is it is either your phone or your head unit. you can try a factory reset to rule out the phone. its kind of extreme and i'm not sure you want to go that route or not. your head unit is a factory one and your car is from 2012.......so i'm guessing it is the head unit.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Does your S20 have any issues saving Bluetooth pairings to other devices or is this just an issue with your Nisson?
This 'might' help determine if the problem is with Bluetooth on your phone or your Nisson's head unit.

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-s20-5g/specs/
Looking at the hardware specs for your S20, it includes support for Bluetooth 5.0 (2016), so unless the head unit in your 2012 Nisson is running a really dated version of Bluetooth, I wouldn't think that's the actual issue. If you dig out the User Manual for your vehicle, is there any reference in it about the Bluetooth support?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones