1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Pairing to Bluetooth speakers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dantheman4162, Jan 9, 2012.

1. dantheman4162

dantheman4162 Newbie
    None

Nov 27, 2011
    My Dad got a Bose bluetooth wireless speaker for Christmas. It works awesome on his ipod. However, when I scan for it using my razr, it does not appear in the list of devices able to pair with. The phone recognizes other computers in the house, but can not find the speaker. The speaker is obviously turned on and set to bluetooth. My brother, who also has an Android phone (but not a Razr), couldn't get his to pair either.
    Is there a trick in the bluetooth settings to pair speakers?

I've never use the bluetooth before, so I can't guarantee that my phone is working, but since my brother was having the same issue, I would imagine that its not a defect persay.

Thank you for your help!

Advertisement

2. OlManRivah

OlManRivah Member
    None

May 28, 2010
    Retired
    Tidewater Virginia
    I paired mine with a Motorola Roadster Speaker with no problems. When i turn the Roadster off and then on it goes to the pairing mode. I then turn the Razor Bluetooth on and it pairs. I don't know what the procedure for your speakers are.

3. Grey1001

Grey1001 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 15, 2010
    NorCal
    Check in the manual for the speaker to see if there's a special process for making it discover-able.

I had to reset my bluetooth earpiece so the RAZR could see it.

4. kklier

kklier Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 25, 2010
    Durham, NC
    I've had zero issues pairing bluetooth devices to my razr. I have a jawbone icon and a pioneer stereo in my car with bluetooth.

I can pair both at the same time, setting one to phone the other to media in the paired device's options. If you are actively using both(not just paired) you will hear some audio interference.