1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Pairing with SUV

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vald, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Vald

Vald Well-Known Member

I just got a new SUV on saturday 2/12/11. It has the hands free calling and bluetooth stuff on the steering wheel. Now i have it paired up but do not understand actually how to make a call or how it all works. IF anyone could please drop a little knowledge my way i would be ever so grateful. Thanks in advanced

Advertisement

2. marctronixx

you should follow the directions for the car. it will tell you how to initiate.

3. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!

Typically, there's a pairing process and a connection process.

Pairing is the process of having both devices acknowledge that they are designed to work together and that they are authorized to work together (via a 4-digit code). Since data is being transmitted from one device to another, you can set a passcode to prevent unauthorized data transmission. Typically, once the pairing is complete, you never have to reauthorize again (unless you manually delete the paired device(s)).

Connecting is actually getting them talking. It's likely you've paired your phone, but it's not currently connected. Some cars will auto-connect once it's paired. Others might require you initiate the connect from the car-side the first time. This was true for the Evo, since the car asks the Evo for permission to download contacts. I had to accept the request on my phone before the connection would be complete. From then on, the connection is automatic.

To initiate a connection from your car, check your car's manual. To initiate a connection from your Evo, go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Bluetooth Settings. Look for your car under "Bluetooth devices" toward the bottom of the screen. Click the entry for your car to attempt a connection.