1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

pale yellow drop down signing in box

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by athisok, Dec 11, 2013.

1. athisok

athisok Lurker

Hi at my wits end

Everytime I open a new browser window I get abox that slides down asking me to skip or sign in, even though I'm already signed in

I would quite like to get rid of it

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

It could be going to a site that requires a sign-in every time you go to it. (It would be a poorly-written site, but there's nothing you can do about that.)

3. valorian

valorian Android Expert

Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing? I've never gotten anything like that.

4. Welcome to Android Forums.

More information is needed ...
    What device are you using?
    What browser are you using?
    What are you doing when the condition happens?

... Thom

5. athisok

athisok Lurker

Thanks for replies. Im an a galaxy s2 and using the stock browser.

Set google as my homepage. Can have upto a max 16 websearches. When I hit menu button and + sign it opens a new google homepage but get this yellow sign in box as previously mentioned

How do I attach image to a message?

6. Demache

Demache Android Expert

Not the official way, but I hate using the built-in forum image upload function.

Go to imgur: the simple image sharer. On the right side, you will see a Upload Images function. Select Computer. Select the image you want to upload. Click Start Upload. Then on right you will see some links. Select the text for BBCode and copy-paste it here.

7. athisok

athisok Lurker

Think it might be something to do with not everything in my google account syncing

Everything syncs ok except google newsstand

8. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Just trying to get the obvious but not so obvious here, but being signed in on your phone does not mean you are signed in to Google on the browser. So when you say you are signed in, you mean you are signed in on the browser right?

Also, you aren't opening a private tab by mistake are you?

9. athisok

athisok Lurker

pic1a.png

when i press the + sign to open new search window

pic2a.png

i get a new search window but yellow signing in box

10. athisok

athisok Lurker

thanks chanchan. sorry for being stupid - but what do you mean when you say signed in on my phone

i think im signed in on google cause when i hit profile box top right it gives me the option to sign out

11. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

I meant having connected to Google. Anyway, are you using 2step verification? Also, are you setting up to browser to keep you logged in? That sign inbar usually happens if you did not set to keep you logged in.

12. athisok

athisok Lurker

Should I be using 2 step verification? Dont think I am

How do I set up browser to keep me logged in

Think I am being kept logged in because when I click profile image top right I get a page asking if I want to log out

13. athisok

athisok Lurker

another strange thing in page (one account. all of google) the stay signed in tick box is not displayed

why could this be missing

thanks

14. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Ok that's weird. Why do you have 16 tabs open by the way? Is that dekiberate? I'm wondering if you left those open by mistake and you timed out or maybe ran out of memory.

15. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

I have moved this thread into the Android Applications forum since you are asking a question that pertain to an Application.

If you have an issue with this PM me :)

16. athisok

athisok Lurker

Just cause usually I intend to check whats on that site later