• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Palm Memo app..?

Welcome to the forum! :D

You'll see tons of threads asking the same question. ;) What I use is Note Everything, where I've set up a folder for each of my categories, including one called "Inbox". I've also got two desktop shortcuts that create a new (text/voice) note in my "Inbox" folder.

Note Everything gives you just the basics, excellently.
There are loads of other apps that also sync with various online list-keeping services.

Reactions: Stonesman
Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum! :D

There are loads of other apps that also sync with various online list-keeping services.

I am also on this path for a note app.
Are there any however that sync with google. The android phone is a google phone, Gmail, Contacts, Calendar. I'm quite suprised there isn't a good Note app (still looking!) that auto syncs with Google Docs perhaps effortlessly like the rest of the G-Stuff does.

Ta
Jeff

Upvote 0
Welcome to you, too! :D

I'm still in PalmOS-perspective and like to have stuff with me in the device (as opposed to in the cloud), so I don't know about Google-integrated todo-list apps ... but I have the impression they're rather poor, because Google Todo (or whatever it's called) itself is apparently rather poor. :( As I said, I don't know for sure though.

Upvote 0
I to am looking to replace my Palm stuff, the last item being the memos. I have memos set up on the Palm desktop program on my pc and synced to my Palm devise as a reference and backup. I REALLY like (and need) the category and sub-category feature to keep my memos organised. I have work memos and personal memos with several sub memos branched off of each main category.

Anybody use AK Notepad, or 3banana? Sounds like they (Snaptic) sync on their website (snaptic.com) with a free account. Not sure about the categories though. Sounds like they just use labels (like gmail?).

Any other thoughts for a replacement to me (our) beloved Palm memo?

Upvote 0
wow... thanks for all the replies, great thread!

I stumbled across AK Notepad which I'm currently evaluating.

To ask a silly question - I followed the link to NOTE EVERYTHING kindly provided by KlaymenDK (thanks!) - how do I download the app from Androlib... can't seem to see a download link. I did create an account but still couldn't figure how to download!

I've had the desire 3 weeks now and STILL struggle with the keyboard... aarrgghh so frustrating - I guess practice make perfect!

Thanks to all ex-palm'ers who helped with their suggestions - I do miss somethings about palm OS but everything considered the desire is miles ahead of the pre - I just COULD NOT get on with it!

Be happy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones