1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

palm pre to droid 3!! ??? how do i....

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ginaccc, Jul 29, 2011.

1. ginaccc

ginaccc Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    Former palm pre plus user. Got this phone about a week ago and so far most of my hair has grown back. Lol. I like a lot of things about this phone and some stuff still drives me nuts.

How do I back up all my info, like calander and everything else? Back up assistant fails every night but that looks like its just contacts anyway.

How do I turn off or remove back up assistant?

How come sometimes I'm typing and next thing the cursor is in the middle of the page and goes back to the middle of the post if I try to move it?

What is the best way to switch between apps?? This is a big one for me. Sometimes I need info from one to another and with this it seems like 47 steps back and forth.

What is that chiming sound!! Its not a text or email. What is it and how do I turn it off?? Nothing shows in notifications.

That's it for now, but I'm sure I'll be back later. I def want to try rooting the phone, etc.

Thanks!!
    Gina

Advertisement

2. dan330

dan330 Android Expert

Jan 22, 2010
    i can help with a few:

normally in android.. people use google to backup calendar and contacts.
    just enable google sync.
    menu > settings > accounts & sync

easiest way to jump from one app to another:
    hold the "home" button down... till a selection of 8 icons show up (8 of the last used apps).

more info about the chime .. will help us find the source.

PS.. welcome to the fold

3. ginaccc

ginaccc Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    Thanks! I'll set up the backup. Is it something I have to do manually, when I want to back up my stuff or does it automatically back up like this back up assistant?

The chime is just one small 'ding'. Seems to happen randomly. I thought maybe it was finding wifi signals, but I thought I turned that off. Happens at night too.

4. dan330

dan330 Android Expert

Jan 22, 2010
    you can set the sync to auto... or manual.

the ding.. might be some setting to indicate detection of a signal. you will have to try to get to your phone ASAP when it dings .. see if you can notice anything coming coming on or off.