1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Palm Pre Trade in and Best Buy preorder

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by robjulo, May 13, 2010.

1. robjulo

robjulo Active Member

Mar 19, 2010
    I have the Pre, I plan to pre-order the EVO tomorrow at Best Buy. I previously thought about trading in my pre through Sprint. If I get the EVO through Best Buy can I still take my Pre back to sprint for an account credit or somethign similar.

Advertisement

2. ImmaSlave4U

ImmaSlave4U Well-Known Member

Yes, you can. Sprint will credit your account for $63. Expect 1-2 bill cycles for it to appear. Did you see the offer that Radio Shack has for the pre-order? Starting tomorrow, you get a $20 accessory credit if you pre-order the Evo from them: http://radioshackwireless.com/templ...geid=7831&refcode1=RSK_4444_000_SITESEARCHEVO

Also, Radio Shack has their own trade in program and will offer you $74 for a Pre with minor scratches and the charger in the form of a gift card that can be used toward the purchase of your Evo: RadioShack - Trade-In Program

I'm planning on stopping by a Radio Shack and pre-ordering tomorrow. Then I plan on trading my Palm Pre + charger and hopefully they'll give me $74 for it.

LisaFitz and robjulo like this.
  3. LisaFitz

LisaFitz Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Teacher
    NY
    I have the Pre too and this sounds like a great idea but, i am worried if for some reason I dont like the EVO (crazy I know) i could fall back on the Pre since its still a great phone -

4. ImmaSlave4U

I agree...I also have a Pre, and I like it a lot! You can always hold on to it for a couple weeks after you get the Evo and then if you decide to keep the Evo, take your Pre into Sprint and they'll give you the $63 credit then. I'm thinking of doing that.

5. ImmaSlave4U

Please Delete...

can we not delete our own posts? :/

6. Tiako

Tiako Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    63 bucks is a complete rip you could get 100+ if your pre is in good condition.

7. ImmaSlave4U

Mine has a slight USB crack that goes a quarter of an inch (if that) into the screen. While it is minor, it devalues the phone greatly. I doubt it'd even sell because I'd have to put a disclaimer on it. $63, while a bit cheap (they gave me $50 for my Instinct last year), is better than nothing...especially when considering not having to deal with the hassle of trying to sell a Pre with a small USB crack.

Tags: