1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Palm rejection?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by suqqita, Sep 21, 2011.

1. suqqita

suqqita Lurker

Edit: I need write with a pencil-stylus in a tablet: Asus eee Pad Transformer, but... Do the tablet reject my palm when I write? or... draw the pencil and my palm zone too?

Text original (invalid): I need write with a pencil-stylus in Asus Transformer, but... Do the tablet reject my palm when i write?

Advertisement

2. vosg

vosg Android Expert

If you are expecting an answer, I strongly suggest you rephrase your question, so that we know what tf you're talking about.

suqqita likes this.
  3. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

The Eee Pad has a capacitive touch screen. If you want to use a stylus, you need to purchase a special capacitive stylus. Since the screen is capacitive, any part of your hand that touches the screen will likely register. Most people don't use styluses on capacitive screen tablets.

The only tablet that I know of that has a capacitive screen and is designed to be used with a stylus is the HTC Flyer. It has a special stylus. I'm not sure how that particular tablet and stylus works. It is intented to be used with a stylus and I would expect that it would be able to deal with the possibility of part of your hand touching the screen while using the stylus.

4. AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO Android Enthusiast

I don't use it much but I got a stylus made for iPads. ($3 online instead of $20 at a store) ;-)

Works well for drawing or taking handwritten notes in Freenote.

DOESN'T work well for many games, it registers differently than a finger tap. One game was thinking I was double tapping with each stylus tap.

-----------

I still don't get what Suqqita was asking either-
    YES, the tablet will register palm and wrist touching the screen.

If you're using the tablet with the keyboard you can turn the touchpad under the keyboard OFF, and still tap/write on the screen.

5. suqqita

suqqita Lurker

6. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

7. rcblob

rcblob Lurker

Actually, all tablets that use the atmel maXtouch sensors have palm suppression. (can't post link, but just search on the atmel site for mXT1386)

I was searching online for an answer to this when I realised I could just open a multi touch test app and try it myself.

It works :)

So to answer the original question, yes, it will work.