• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Panasonic screen mirroring

stuarta

Android Enthusiast
Feb 15, 2011
Hi guys,

So I have a Panasonic FX700 and been testing the screen mirroring options to save me having to connect a chromecast. I select the option from the menu and it tells me that it's visible, however the screen cast on my Pixel 4 never finds it. It was the same on my Pixel 2.

Anybody got any ideas?

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1526620692
Your FX700 appears to be a smart TV with its own networking support so you don't necessarily need a Chromecast to link it to your home LAN. Using just your TV's networking access have you tried mirroring to it directly instead of through your Chromecast? Or via the Google Home app?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.chromecast.app&hl=en_US
Doing a search for Panasonic FX700 in the Play Store also showed a number of apps from Panasonic and third-parties that might work out for you too.
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=panasonic fx700&c=apps&hl=en_US

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Ahhh, that clears things up. So the problem appears to be just with this specific TV. One thing to try is just reboot your router. (Simply because you might not be having any problem with all the other devices connected to it doesn't discount a possible networking glitch between that TV and your router.) If that doesn't help, try digging through the settings and option is that TV for anything that might be relative to networking.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Ok my mistake. Both TVs allowing me to cast from YouTube to the TV but I'm guessing that's because they both have the YouTube app. What I want to do is cast from Google photo's but that doesn't seem possible as it just wants to see the Chromecast and not the TV itself even with mirroring on. Either way the instructions for the mirror app don't work as the phone doesn't see it listed as it should

Upvote 0
That's a reassuring revelation that Youtube is working. But something to keep in mind while you diagnose your problem is if you're watching Youtube content using the Youtube app on the TV it's connecting from your TV through your LAN to Youtube's online servers. Your phone isn't involved. Have you tried using the Youtube app on your phone instead? Then it is a matter of your phone as an in-between controller. If that also works than at least the issue of some kind of networking issue between your phone and your TV isn't likely to be the problem.
How long has it been a problem using Google Photos to cast photos to this TV? Did it work before and then it stopped, or has this been a long-standing matter?
It still might be prudent to at least restart both your router and your phone to eliminate one-off glitches. If the problem still occurs after a reboot at least you know it actually is something to look into.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones