• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pandigital Andiod Dowload Help!

I get this large error window that pops up when I try to use the firmware updater. When it's trying to verify the Pandigital Novel Model and Serial Number it says

Error while reading Pandigital Novel information.
Error message: Could not load file or assembly

publickeytoken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. the system cannot find the file specified.
Error defails: system.io.filenotfoundexception:
file name: 'system.servicemodel.web, version=4.0.0.0, culture=neutral,
publickeytoken=31bf3856ad364e35'
at novel.upgrade.panhubrdsclient.getchannel()
at novel.upgrade.panhubrdsclient.getskulist(string testkey)
at novel.upgrade.formsn.loadskuname()
at novel.upgrade.formsn.formsn_load(object sender, eventargs e)

Please help

Upvote 0
Good morning! I scoured this site last night to find out why I couldn't update my BPDN with the android app and found this. Thank you! It seems it downloaded but it doesn't update on my pdn when I turn on as instructed, +volume & power...any suggestions? I did reset back to factory after finding another post but still no luck.

Upvote 0
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Its May 31st 2012 and this method still works// I updated .net framework and the error went away!! I just got the tablet last night and searched EVERYWHERE!! for the answer.....(you all know the feeling)/// surprisingly this was the last option I tried, stupid me, lol..........but I did it and am currently updated!! Thanks....

Upvote 0
Hi!
I'm very very new to the android system and got a Pandigital Novel 7" (RR7T20WBL1).
I have been experiencing wifi issue since I received it and I thought I could try to update the system and it might solve the problem. (Hoping it's a software problem, not a hardware)..
I came across the same issue as nmer007 (that's how I ended up here :)) and after I tried what KeithT suggested, it allowed me to get past the second stage.. (So, THANKS! :)
But then it gave me another error: (as you can see on the pic)

image2_zpsa0414f9d.jpg

Does someone understand what it is and have something to suggest for this problem?

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones