• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pandigital Novel 7" -- Errors when updating Firmware

ShoeEars

Lurker
Jan 26, 2013
The issue: Trying to update the firmware using the Pandigital Novel Upgrader and when it tried to verify the Pandigital Novel Model and Serial Number I got an error message. After I updated the .NET Framework, I got a different error message. I tried resetting the device to factory settings, but it didn't seem to help. I had my stepdad try his hand at updating the firmware, but he couldn't get it either. All he did was reset it to factory settings and deleted the .zip files. So now I am here.
The device hasn't been updated in a couple months, so I'm not sure if the has anything to do with it, but I don't think it would.

The current firmware on the device is: SH20_20110302_K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP

And if I can't get the firmware to be updated, I'll just Root it, but any links to the best way of doing that would be helpful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones