• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pandora now streaming ads?

defkorn

Android Enthusiast
Dec 16, 2009
Anyone else starting to get streaming ads with Pandora? I know they've been doing this with the iPhone app for a while, but didn't think it had come to Android yet. I've been using the android app for 8+ months with NO ads, then today I get 2 within the first 10 minutes of listening.

I'm not talking about the banner picture ads, I have those blocked with AdFree. It comes on between songs and I had one for McDonalds and one for KFC, lol.

I haven't run across it yet myself, but I've always thought that the banner type ads in Pandora were pointless. When I'm using Pandora, I'm generally not looking at my phone, or if I am, I'm using an app other than Pandora, so I don't see the ads anyway. Maybe they've come to the realization that visual ads in audio apps don't generate much income.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones