1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root pandora radio from evo to car stereo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by closevo, Feb 20, 2011.

1. closevo

closevo Newbie

I was hoping I could stream pandora from my Evo through my car stereo. It has a usb port in the front & is a bluetooth JVC. That would be the s***!! I tried but it only played the a:Dndroid music. Please tell me it's possible. Pease.

Advertisement

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

which model do you have. pandora works over bluetooth through my jvc with no issues at all.

I have been unable to get mine to hook up via usb.

3. surfologist87

surfologist87 Android Expert

In my work vehicle, i just use the AUX. I think it has bluetooth, its an aftermarket...kenwood?.. But i havent tried the bluetooth. Does that work Ed?
    If so, thats pretty nice, and id imagine it would be pretty clear....

4. closevo

closevo Newbie

JVCmodel KD-HDR50. Started thinking about it and I forgot my stereo is bluetooth
    but I believe I have to buy something for it to function. As for the usb I'm trying
    to figure this out. As for pandora working properly just downloaded.

5. closevo

closevo Newbie

Your getting pandora or whatever kind of music
    media through usb set to aux. I tried that. did not work.

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

no..i can not get the evo to play via usb at all. I don't believe my head unit supports that .

you can only play via something when set to that something

he is using a 3.5 cable from the evo to the 3.5 aux input on the headunit on his kenwood.

Some models do need a bleutooth kit add on. mine came out of the box with bluettoth capabilities.

if your head unit supports it I suggest it...it's awesome..and no cables.

closevo likes this.
  7. closevo

closevo Newbie

ya can't wait, cars in storage for the winter.

8. Drew5150

Drew5150 Android Expert

through the usb port you will only be able to play stuff that is stored on your sd card. like it is an ipod.

aux cable or bluetooth are your only options for streaming music. can you connect your phone to your car stereo at all? if so look under blutooth option for that device on your phone, you will see option for phone call and music.

closevo likes this.
Tags: