1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Pandora stops playing after phone locks

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shroville, Jun 15, 2010.

1. shroville

shroville Member

Jun 4, 2010
    So I was doing a bunch of tricks for the battery and now when ever my phone locks pandora will not play until I unlock it again.. Any Ideas?

Seems like some setting I turned off dosent allow data to flow when its locked or something.

Anyway I love my evo and i dont think i could have anything different :)

Advertisement

2. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2009
    CA
    Do you have Juice defender installed?

3. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Customer Service/ Quality Assurance Supervisor
    Richmond ,KY
    In setting in pandora you have turned the auto lock setting on or off. I can't remember which. Just do the opposite of what it is now and try again.

4. pingpongboss

pingpongboss Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Or maybe you have a task killer installed that's set up to automatically kill all programs when the screen turns off. I know Advanced Task Killer has this function. If so put Pandora on the ignore list.

5. drbgotenks

drbgotenks Active Member

Mar 8, 2010
    If you have "always on mobile network" turned off, that happens.

I only turn the "always on mobile network" on to use pandora, otherwise I leave it unchecked and I get much better battery life.

menu->settings->wireless & Networks->mobile networks-> Enable always-one mobile

6. jurbin

jurbin New Member

Dec 28, 2011
    I have Juice Defender installed and mine stops playing after it is locked for a bit too. Is that why it does that?

7. rushbuu

rushbuu New Member

May 25, 2014
    So I had the same problem. This is what I did. This on my note 3. I went to settings then to data usage. Then in the app list I went to Pandora and found that the background data was checked restricting it to wifi download only I unchecked that to allow the app to use mobile data and it was fixed.

Tags: