1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Pandora streaming problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GreyCelt, Aug 14, 2012.

1. GreyCelt

GreyCelt Well-Known Member

Is anyone else having streaming issues with Pandora? This is a known issue between Sprint and Pandora.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/450699

The reason why I placed this in the root section is because there was a fix about it on XDA that required you to change your proxy settings through the ##DATA# menu which also required root and your MSL code. It appears that the fix was for the Evo 3D on Gingerbread and on our Evo V 4G with ICS you cannot change the proxy settings through the ##DATA# menu.

I have installed an earlier version of Pandora and that has fixed the problem somewhat. I can play music just fine but it does not display the album art. Also, I have contacted Pandora about this and they basically blew me off with scripted emails and "that problem is resolved".

Is there a way, other than through the ##DATA# menu, that I can edit the proxy settings for the Evo V 4G? Or is there another solution that anyone knows of?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kagevazquez

kagevazquez Well-Known Member

Didn't the original evo 3d ship with gb

3. GreyCelt

Typo corrected, thanks.

4. eatsaimin

eatsaimin Well-Known Member

I installed the previous build and that fixed the problem but no album covers

5. GreyCelt

Thanks, I did that too, and although it works, it would be nice to have another solution in which I could use the latest version of Pandora & enjoy the album art.

6. GTWolf

GTWolf Member

Thats odd. I use Pandora and don't have any streaming issues. I'm stock rooted for what it's worth.

7. Coach56

Coach56 Newbie

Mine used to work great until about 3 weeks ago. Then it stopped at 2% buffering.

After doing the "fix everything" trick, It has given me no problems