1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Pandora won't run when phone is off

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ezekiel666, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Ezekiel666

Ezekiel666 Newbie

Every time I play Pandora and I let the screen turn off it will play for a little bit then stop.When I unlock the phone it says "buffering".Is there a way I can keep it playing while the screen is off? I enable "background data" when I play Pandora.I don't have any "task killer" aps installed.

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. redhook

redhook Android Expert

I've never had that problem, do you have something like Juice Defender running? If so tell it to let the app keep streaming.

3. Aplus

Aplus Android Enthusiast

Are you running on wifi? If so, you might want to change the wifi sleep policy to 'never'.

4. Ezekiel666

Ezekiel666 Newbie

Nope no "juice defender". I have "2x battery" installed.I run it off the 4g network.I would hate to keep the screen turned on.Even when the screen is off for a little bit and I turn it back on it takes about 2-3 seconds for it to show the 4g signal.Could this be why?and how come it isnt staying on even when the screen is off? Maybe go to metro?

Thanks

5. redhook

redhook Android Expert

Configure 2x battery then.

6. Ezekiel666

Ezekiel666 Newbie

Went into 2x battery settings and changed a few things and now it works.THanks alot.

7. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

Yeah 2x kills your data connection when your screen goes off :D

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews