1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Pandora

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jamala00, Sep 19, 2011.

1. jamala00

jamala00 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    I've searched the forum and haven't seen any posts on this, so if I over looked it please just point me in the right direction. Does anybody have issues with Pandora just stopping in the middle of a song and going to the next song? I have this issue all the time on 3G. Seems when I am on WIFI I am fine. Walking the dog or driving I have this issue constantly and it is very annoying. I am rooted and running the ROM of GB 2.3.4, but it has always happens even before I rooted and was stock Froyo.

Advertisement

2. clipperqb

clipperqb Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    Male
    Same thing happens to me. I've blamed my 3g service but not sure of the real issue.

3. Triska

Triska Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    It does it to me also. Make sure you aren't accidentally touching the dislike button. I've done that a lot and it skips to the next song. I did find out that you can go into your Pandora settings and relike a song you accidentally disliked.

4. jamala00

None

Aug 9, 2011
    No, the phone is sitting in my truck while traveling and it does it, or I am just listening to it walking the dog, sceen off, phone in my pocket when walking the dog and it skips. I will pull out the phone from my pocket, turn the screen on and Pandora has the Loading image and going to the next song. I am suprised there are not more responses to this, I can't imagine it is something with just a couple phones. I do a search in google and it seems to be a pretty common problem. Most say uninstall the App and reinstall it. Tried that and it still does it.

5. jamala00

None

Aug 9, 2011
    So I put in a call to Pandora Support and this is what they said.....

I know issues like this can be very frustrating. Ultimately, though, this is a network issue. Even though you may have a full signal on your device, there are a number of variables that go into this. Some areas have good coverage and some don't. Network throughput can depend on the time of day, activity of the network, your location at the time, etc.

WiFi will be a better experience overall.

Hope this helps. Thanks for listening!

Best wishes,
    Josh F.

Maybe a lot of people on this Forum do not use Pandora and I realized this forum is a small portion of those who own incredibles, but I am just suprised more people do not have this issue. I can't imagine the 3G network in my area is the only area with issues if this response is really what the problem is.

6. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    Grad Student (Applied/Computational Math)
    Milwaukee, WI
    I had similar issues with rhapsody and spotify. I think this issue basically comes down to this. When the bufffer runs out, would you rather the song would stop and start or have it skip to the next song. Option 2 seems slightly less bothersome, and there is no way to completely avoid buffering issues (sort of getting more bandwidth).

EDIT: both Rhapsody and Spotify did/do that WHILE STREAMING. The work just peachy from downloaded content (ok, Rhapsody constantly had problems of losing my downloaded library. But when the library worked, it played great). If you'd be will to pay $10 a month for that, those are good options.

7. jamala00

None

Aug 9, 2011
    Ah... It's annoying, but not that annoying. I agree skipping to the next song is better then stopping and starting.

8. frank180

frank180 Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    Rochester NY
    A workaround that I tried and has so far worked is to do directly to Pandora.com and listen that way. You first have to Disable Mobile Web Pages - Open Internet Browser - Menu - More - Settings - uncheck Mobile View. Not as convenient and neat as the app, but you can still like/dislike and skip, just have to scroll around the page.

9. jamala00

None

Aug 9, 2011
    Funny thing... Since i put out this post, I have not had a skip happen when out walking the dog around the neighborhood like I normally do... Wierd..