• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

razorclose

Feb 3, 2010
Macon, Ga
Well folks, I think I may have royally screwed myself. A veteran rooter (and one who does plenty of hw on each device), I figured the NC would be no problem. Rooting went flawlessly, as did the getting the market to work. I flashed CWMRecovery and had no problems with it....until I tried to reboot into recovery. It sat for more than 30 minutes at the "Touch the Future of Reading" I power cycled and it sat at the same screen for over an hour. At that point, I followed the instructions for going back to stock. Even after following the directions to a t, I've been sitting at that same screen again for about 2+ hours, even after rebooting. Do any of y'all have any last resort ideas for salvaging my Nook, or do I now have a beautiful paperweight?

Done those instructions at least 5 times now to no avail. Re-downloaded the stock rom 3 times just in case the file was corrupted on download. Just re-downloaded again, gonna give it one more try before I pull my hair out

Holy crap-ola. It finally decided to work! I may shed a tear of joy! :D

MODS PLEASE CLOSE MY DUMB THREAD :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones