1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Panodora/Data Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by onelownismo, Feb 22, 2011.

1. onelownismo

onelownismo Newbie
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    I use Pandora everyday when I go to the gym and it didn't seem to be working right today. Basically I would turn on pandora, a song would come on no problem, then I would put the phone back in my pocket while I work out. Well I noticed when the song ends another one does not start, so I would pull it out of my pocket and it says "Waiting for coverage". Momentarily after that it would reconnect and start another song, then the process would repeat itself.

I noticed the H+ symbol would have a check mark underneath it when it displayed the "Waiting for coverage" message, then it had the up/down arrows when it finally connected. Am I drifting in and out of service somehow when I put it in my pocket? My iphone never had a problem with staying connected.

Advertisement

2. Chew

Chew Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    South of Titletown
    I believe Pandora doesn't "technically" stream each song, rather it downloads a temp file and plays it. That's why it'll play a whole song before attempting to connect again. I don't know what to say to help with the connection problem, however.

Have you looked into Slacker?

Slacker Plus is $4/mo and allows you to cache up to 20 (25?) stations. You refresh on wifi and can then listen anytime/anywhere without a data connection.

3. onelownismo

onelownismo Newbie
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    That makes sense about it not streaming the song. Maybe I'm just not in a good "4g" area.

I've known about slacker but didn't realize you could use it without data, I'll check that out though, thanks man.

4. onelownismo

onelownismo Newbie
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Eh... so I realized it was Juice Defender that was shutting off my Data every time my phone locked. Duh... lol.

5. stancrazy

stancrazy Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Dude and i thought somethign was wrong with my antenna....