1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Panodora/Data Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by onelownismo, Feb 22, 2011.

1. onelownismo

onelownismo Newbie

I use Pandora everyday when I go to the gym and it didn't seem to be working right today. Basically I would turn on pandora, a song would come on no problem, then I would put the phone back in my pocket while I work out. Well I noticed when the song ends another one does not start, so I would pull it out of my pocket and it says "Waiting for coverage". Momentarily after that it would reconnect and start another song, then the process would repeat itself.

I noticed the H+ symbol would have a check mark underneath it when it displayed the "Waiting for coverage" message, then it had the up/down arrows when it finally connected. Am I drifting in and out of service somehow when I put it in my pocket? My iphone never had a problem with staying connected.

Advertisement

2. Chew

Chew Android Enthusiast

I believe Pandora doesn't "technically" stream each song, rather it downloads a temp file and plays it. That's why it'll play a whole song before attempting to connect again. I don't know what to say to help with the connection problem, however.

Have you looked into Slacker?

Slacker Plus is $4/mo and allows you to cache up to 20 (25?) stations. You refresh on wifi and can then listen anytime/anywhere without a data connection.

3. onelownismo

onelownismo Newbie

That makes sense about it not streaming the song. Maybe I'm just not in a good "4g" area.

I've known about slacker but didn't realize you could use it without data, I'll check that out though, thanks man.

4. onelownismo

onelownismo Newbie

Eh... so I realized it was Juice Defender that was shutting off my Data every time my phone locked. Duh... lol.

5. stancrazy

stancrazy Well-Known Member

Dude and i thought somethign was wrong with my antenna....