1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Panoramic Camera Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mikestony, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    Moderator Thread Starter

I'm not a heavy picture taker my any means but decided to try out the panoramic option on my native camera app.
    I can only use that option in portrait mode?? I tried it in landscape mode but it gave me some error along the lines of, "camera stopped" or something.

Am I missing something, or does panoramic mode only work when the device is held in the portrait orientation?

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

AFAIK panoramic should work with either vertical(portrait) and horizontal(landscape) mode, and I've never had a phone that doesn't. I think most would use panoramic with landscape mode anyway, for capturing panoramas at their best.

"camera stopped", sounds like the camera app is crashing, which is probably a software bug that needs fixing.

#2 mikedt, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    Moderator Thread Starter

Well, I just checked to see what exactly the message was, in landscape mode, and it says, " the camera has stopped due to being outside the guidelines".
    If I am in vertical/portrait mode, the arrows that indicate on how you should move the camera are pointed left/right as seen in my screenshot:
    Capture+_2018-11-24-08-05-28.png

and if I hold the device horizontal/landscape mode, the arrows indicate up/down, not right/left. If I move right/left in landscape mode, I get the error. If I move up/down in landscape mode, I take a panoramic shot up and down, but going right to left I get that error message.
    Capture+_2018-11-24-08-05-44.png

I'm starting to think this is just the way the camera is. One would think taking a horizontal panoramic picture, one needs to hold the device in landscape mode.

LG G7 ThinQ Forum

The LG G7 ThinQ release date was May 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Snapdragon 845 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2018
Release Date
Reviews