• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pantech crossover messaging, and contacts suddenly won't open.

C

Cheykenzie

I have a pantech crossover, and it was working fine until yesterday. It will not let me get to my text messages, or contacts. For messages i get this error message: the application pantech home (process com.pantech.home) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. For contacts I get this message: the application contacts storage (process android.process.acore) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. I have tried everything I know how to do, including a factory reset, and it's no use. Someone help!

It sounds like you have apps and data backed up that are being restored when you sign in with your Google account after the factory reset. An easy way to test for this without having to mess with your account is to use a second Google account that you haven't used with this device before after a factory reset. If that works, you'll need to research how to remove whatever is stored in your Google account that is breaking the device.

You might be able to work around it without doing all that by installing alternative contacts and SMS apps. Popular ones are Go Contacts and Go SMS or Handcent. You may want to install a new launcher like ADW Launcher or Go Launcher, too, as your launcher may be corrupt. I would recommend using Google Play on a computer's web browser signed in with the same account as the device is currently signed in to install your apps instead of attempting to do it from the malfunctioning device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones