1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Pantech Marauder "Setup Wizard has stopped"...

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by AresRising, Dec 25, 2012.

1. AresRising

AresRising Newbie

Hello, I'm totally at a loss here, and desperate for some assistance.

I've got a Pantech Marauder that was rooted previously, but now I'm trying to give it to my step-son as a "clean" phone with a new SIM card. I did a factory wipe, verified that it was clean, then put it back away. It's been sitting for a while with the new SIM card in it, and now when I power it up to go through the setup process, I get "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped" at the very beginning (Language Selection) and it won't progress.

Anyone have any thoughts? I'm banging my head against the wall at this point.

Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

Try removing the sim card and doing a reset again, this time using the alternate method explained here. Then, try to set up the phone first without the sim card in it. See if you get any errors. If you get the same error, then I am afraid something in your system has become corrupt and you'll need to reflash the phone.

AresRising likes this.
  3. AresRising

AresRising Newbie

Thanks, and thanks for the quick reply!

I tried that, and the same error popped up even without the SIM card.

Ugh.

I'm not opposed to reflashing the phone, but I can't seem to find a ROM for this thing anywhere; Pantech has the kernel available for download, but I have no idea what to do with it, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of support for this thing yet.

Do you think Verizon themselves would be able to do anything, or would the fact that I'd previously rooted it make them say "Go away?"

Thanks again.

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

I have zero experience with this particular phone so I wouldn't begin to know where to find the rom files for it. I think Verizon may be your best bet.

I would take it there and tell them that you reset the phone to pass in on to your step-son and when you went to set it up, you got this error. While I am a big believer in being up front with people, there is no reason to tell them the phone is/was rooted if they don't ask. Even if they do ask, most of the carriers will still try to help you out as long as you are reasonable.

AresRising likes this.
  5. AresRising

AresRising Newbie

Fair enough. Thanks again!