1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Pantech P8000 - Intermittent wifi after upgrade to Gingerbread

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by feshun2000, Aug 21, 2012.

1. feshun2000

feshun2000 Lurker

Upgraded from Froyo to GB OTA and since then my wifi cannot stay on for more than 3 minutes at a time. This has never happened before the upgrade. I have just successfully rooted and I am very excited since I am new to the droid world. What do you suggest are my options?
    1. I do not mind downgrading to Froyo original stock rom
    2. If so where do I find the rom
    3. Is there a fix for the intermittent wifi loss
    4. What other course of action can I take to resolve this?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Hi feshun2000, first off, welcome to Android Forums!

It looks like you're not alone.... which is a bit of a bummer. But I'll try to maybe help you out.

Okay, it sounds like you are *not* rooted (which was my initial belief). And looking over at the Pantech Crossover thread, it looks like the root community for that device is very small (or non-existent). Which is a bummer.

Hmm... I'm just thinking out loud here (most of my suggestions would be for rooted devices...) but here's what I'd do.

> Download from the market Wifi Analyzer. It's a tool to view wifi networks and their relative strength. Not really what you need, but if you use this app to try to connect to one, it'll ask you to download another app (something like Wifi Connector). I'd try it though that - thinking that maybe the issue isn't with the wifi device/driver, but with the software.

If that doesn't work...

> Then I'd probably try a factory reset. It stinks. You'll lose your apps, and all that jazz. Luckily, the play store keeps all that tied to your account, and you can backup your SMS messages with SMS Backup and Recovery. You should make sure you're contacts are synced up with google too.

That is just grasping at the fact that maybe you got a little bit of a problem when the OTA installed.... not very likely, but *maybe*

I really hope one of these helps, and if you do figure something out, I'd love to hear about it.

-9to5

3. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Good Luck and enjoy the site, welcome.