1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Pantech Pocket Rooted

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by D33PTHAWTE, Jan 2, 2012.

1. D33PTHAWTE

D33PTHAWTE Member
    None

Jun 30, 2010
    SuperOneClick v.2.3.1 works for rooting the Pocket. Confirmed permanent root by testing ShootMe screen grabber (pics come out all discolored but it does work), and Root Explorer (had read/write access and was able to delete protected system apps).

Advertisement

okiwa002 and PantechPocket like this.
  2. AndroidAdvntge

None

Dec 29, 2011
    My girlfriend's mom had a Pantech Pocket, and it was very very buggy, with call connectivity issues. Does yours have these issues, or was it safe to assume her's was just defective?

3. D33PTHAWTE

D33PTHAWTE Member
    None

Jun 30, 2010
    I've had the Pocket for less that a week, but it's been running well. No problem with calls.
    Seems a little slower to send and receive data than my previous phone (htc aria), but overall works well.
    I'd say it was most likely a defective unit she had.

4. PantechPocket

PantechPocket Lurker
    None

Feb 20, 2012
    The only info I could find on a successful root of the Pantech Pocket was your post. I just recently purchased this phone and I am planning on rooting it using SuperOneClick v.2.3.1 as you suggested. I know you said that it was running well the first week but how is it running now? Any issues?

5. ghostami

ghostami Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2012
    I been searching ALL over the net for some info on trying to root my pantech pocket, this is the only real thing I have come across.

But, I have tried the newest version of Superonclick and v2.3.1. Both crash after the ADB server starts. Tried restarting my computer, checked my usb drivers, restarted my phone ect.

So I tried a couple other programs, none of which worked for me. They either don't register that my phone is connected or they just do nothing.

Any ideas?? really want to get it rooted before I leave on Monday to go outta town for 4-6 months.

6. ghostami

ghostami Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2012
    Figured it out. Need to downloaded the PC Suite for the pantech, then go into the PC suite folder in the C: and look for drivers, install the pantech driver. Then your good to go. Took like less then a minute to root my phone. :)

PantechPocket likes this.
  7. PantechPocket

PantechPocket Lurker
    None

Feb 20, 2012
    I had the same exact problem with superoneclick crashing after the ADB server starts. After I downloaded the PC Suite I rooted with no problem using newest version 2.3.3 Thanks for the info ghostami!
    I then tried to unroot just to see if I would be able to unroot and reroot in the future but the unroot failed. Any ideas on how to unroot the Pocket? I also need to unlock the phone any suggestions on how to unlock it without using an unlock code?

8. leow

leow Lurker
    None

Mar 18, 2012
    Roger2008 likes this.
  9. gr13f

gr13f Lurker
    None

Apr 5, 2012
    Good day! Please thread who throw off a backup system. Img and boot. img to restore and fastboot. Please help would be very grateful

10. Roger2008

Roger2008 Newbie
    None

Apr 7, 2013
    Male
    Illinois
    Thanks and those instructions were too easy because it boiled down to two programs and one change in Settings.

After rooting my Pantech Pocket I use Screenshot for screen captures and I use Samba to access all the files on my SD card via WiFi.

11. wwfjdraw

wwfjdraw Lurker
    None

Oct 21, 2012
    Now that I'm rooted. Does anyone know how to update my pocket with ICS? Or better jelly bean?