• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

pants mahoney talks iTopia

a world in peril. a new cult emerges. organised religion in the form of consumerism. A seemingly innocent corporation subverting human interaction and freedom to create a totalitarian state. iPhonia. The iDea once dotted your average metro carriage. Within a few years it dominated peoples pockets. Hunched and squeezed into buses, trains, at cafes. tapping relentlessly at an SMS, email or game. It changed shaped. It adapted slowly to the demands of the people. It's rise to power was spawned by the masses who screamed for an innovative and interesting mobile device. It delivered. somewhat. There was nothing like it. It gave you status. A statement. APPS! It was ahead of it's time. The future? People crawled over themselves to get at it. To own one. To play with one. Stock run out. People didn't care. They would wait. Queue. It could do no wrong. No multi-tasking, MMS, MP3 ringtones. but like virus iPhonia grew stronger everyday. Before long people submitted. Because they wanted this thing. They sacrificed. Freedom? They handed it in. On a plate. iPhonia. Pure. Clean. Slick. Trendy. A package. The iTopia was nearly realised.

japanese-iphone-users.png

Not you, bro. I scour the Intros to welcome folks and trash spam posts. I have no idea what this OP means, which is what I meant. Originally, my post was more strident, but I softened it in the cast that this is some young people's type humor, not understood by old fogies like me. :)

Upvote 0
Pants Mahoney was once dazzled by the bright lights and promises of iPhonia. Pants Mahoney was even known to enjoy products from music players to notebook computers. Eagerly awaiting the next shiny, sleek trendy piece of aluminum and 'conflict minerals'.

The fear.

It was the fear Pants Mahoney felt when he saw human beings reduced to wild-eyed, panicked consumers. Where the 'need' for the product was as manufactured as the product itself. Understood is the irony. Pants Mahoney consumes. In the hunter/gatherer sense Pants Mahoney has no need for a device resembling the one he has on what is known as 'backorder'. A vile and inhumane concept born of evil. A symptom of a cold and relentless system geared on consumption. One that when navigated, can at least be navigated with dignity. The fear is of uninformed consumption. if Pants must, or if Pants chooses to consume. Informed it shall be. It is at this precipice Pants Mahoney finds himself here, a humble participant of your forums.

Yes, Pants Mahoney seeks the answers to many questions. And yes, Pants Mahoney eagerly awaits his opportunity to answer many questions. For a critical discussion, in the tradition of Plato's dialogues, is not only the cornerstone of philosophy and therefore of education itself, but further the foundation of a truly free and just society.

It must be made clear. Here. Now. That Pants Mahoney does not wish to 'judge' members of iPhonia. For some have made an informed decision, informed consumption. Pants Mahoney is happy for them. They do not seek what Pants Mahoney seeks.

What does Pants Mahoney seek?

It is only when the source is opened to the people, the people are allowed to peek behind the curtains of the stageshow that is structured, modern, western society that we will be free to simply understand what we see. To understand what truly dominates our lives is the only way it can be made better, the only way it can be changed. Is this not, at least, similar to the Philosophy behind the Androids?

But what of Google?

Does Pants Mahoney believe Google will live up to their unofficial pledge to "not be evil?" It is yet to be seen. One must keep in mind that both the fathers of iPhonia and Android are corporations. Profit is the bottom line. Pants Mahoney can only hope that his consumption is informed. Perhaps Pants Mahoney has been convince by a marketing campaign less obvious, more subversive and stealthy. Confident in information. It makes Pants Mahoney consume, keeps Pants Mahoney marching daily to the grind. Keeps Pants Mahoney in line with debt.

This forum for example, subversive advertising?
Perhaps, but the most important difference for Pants Mahoney is that at least this forum is made of human beings. Who only wear suits half their day if at all.

line3.jpg

2658425896_3cfda4f06d.jpg

3g_iphone_queue.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones