1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Parallel Soak Testing ...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Thom, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member Thread Starter

When 5.9.905 went into soak test ...
    - It was released to SOME people who had signed up for the soak test (I was one of them) and not all.
    - It was released to SOME people who had NOT signed up for the soak test and not all.
    - The soak test wen on for just under a week.
    - The people in the soak test were prohibited from talking to people not in the soak test (including people who were not signed up in the soak test and had it pushed to them).

The net result was a week of conversation after conversation of how to get the 5.9.905 OTA and people with the information not being allowed to talk about it.

The reports are that the Droid 4 ICS OTA was released yesterday ... partially ... at the same time it went into soak test.

So ... it seems to me that when the Bionic ICS OTA comes out we will probably end up going through the same quasi-insanity for a week ... and those in the soak test won't be allowed to talk about it.

... Thom

stridermt2k likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. x026092

x026092 Android Enthusiast

At this rate they might as well go straight to Jelly Bean..... Even that be OBE by the time they get to the Bionic......

3. Thom

Thom  

5.9.905 was released two months ago. If it was six months ago I would agree with you. I think the Bionic is being taken care of.

Two to four months between releases on the Bionic is the history.

... Thom

4. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

My experience with the Droid 3 soak test was that the agreement to not talk about the soak test was not strictly adhered to by very many people. Within minutes of receiving the email inviting me to the test (which came about ten minutes after receiving the update on my phone) there was discussion about the test and what had changed on xda-developers. Probably even on these forums.

So, if there is a soak test, I am 100% sure that we will all know about it within a few hours of the first person receiving the update on their phone.

5. Thom

Thom  

That wasn't my point. The fact that some soak testers and some non-soak testers got the OTA when it was released for soak testing was the confusion.

You will know when the soak test starts. The question is along the lines of ... my wife did not sign up for the soak test and got the OTA pushed to her phone and I signed up for the soak test and didn't get it. What's wrong?

The answer is nothing ... wait a week.

As for talking about the content after giving your word that you wouldn't ... well ... my father told me the definition of a man ... that's a male person who does what he agrees to do ... no excuses.

(So there is no confusion ... the people taking the chances and testing the leaks NEVER gave their word to anyone that they would not talk about it.)

... Thom

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews