• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Paranoid GB question from longtime reader

bosox2k1

Android Enthusiast
Jul 25, 2010
Williston, VT
So obviously GB has been leaked....I noticed it wasn't rooted before and now it is....Question about that, if I install the newest version of the leaked GB----is it rooted now so I can just install it normally and I will be rooted immediately????

Or is there some sort of 1-click root available yet---or is it all ADB....

Thanks for the help, guys. I'd still be on eclair without you :)

as long as you download right one you will be rooted :)

link and instructions

Droid X Gingerbread (2.3.3) - Release - PreRooted

Thanks for the link, to add on:

I am running APEX 1.3.1 and my version is 2.3.340.....now it says I have to SBF if im not on the official 2.3.340....I assume since I am on apex, that i don't have the official 2.3.340 and I cannot just download the GB package and install...I absolutely HAVE TO SBF to avoid bricking? Is that correct?

I ask because I have never SBF'd and I have a round of tests coming up and I want to leave time if I have to SBF....so I might put it off until summer if I cannot just go into bootstrap and install that GB file without SBFing....Any clarification is great

So in simpleton terms, I personally want to:

download the rooted GB file
go into bootstrap install the GB file
sit back
get D2 bootsrap, etc

Now, can i do that WITHOUT sbfing or do I HAVE TO SBF even though I have some version of 2.3.340 (from TBH earlier I believe, def not OTA)....

Thanks all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones