1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General PARANOID QUESTION please HELP!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rovimeldo, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Rovimeldo

Rovimeldo Lurker
    None

Oct 19, 2011
    Software / Hardware Tech. , Internet Cafe Owner
    Philippines
    Sorry for the stupid questions..
    I have several questions popping out of my head...

I'm aware that Samsung Galaxy SII i9100 was introduced with "Gorilla Glass" in its Super AMOLED Plus Screen... and I'm aware of how the Super AMOLED works.. making the AMOLED and TPS together, my question is with its Gorilla Glass, does it protect it in pressure? like when i put it in my bag and sometime i lean on my bag, is it ok? or to me skinny jeans were the pocket is tight or my young brother is playing with it and pushing against the screen with intense pressure. my point is do the pressure can damage the touchscreen of the unit? im pretty confident with the OLED itself but the TSP in it, i doubt it. Can it stand pressure made by anything as long as the glass won't break? because I heard that the TSP has some sort of ITO coating in it that is fragile and easy to break, im afraid that it has a crack on it that is unnoticeable because it it invisible that would make my samsung galaxy SII fail in near future... the screen in my samsung is still intact but I'm just afraid that in near future my unit will start to fail soon, my unit is only about 2 weeks old. Is it possible to have a permanent damage that unnoticeable now but eventually will grow and develop? :(:thinking:

sorry for my poor english and for some stupid questions.. I hope you guys can help me with my confusion

Advertisement

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Hi Rovimeldo!

The glass on the GS2 is pretty robust - I've sat on mine (twice!) by accident and it's suffered no damage. I'd ask your brother to be more careful though; like all glass it will crack if the wrong pressure is applied at the wrong angle in the wrong spot. :)

Rovimeldo likes this.
  3. Rovimeldo

Rovimeldo Lurker
    None

Oct 19, 2011
    Philippines
    Thanks for the reply sir, does this means that the screen would be fine with some pressure if the glass don't break? do pressure has no effect in its TSP or touch sensitive panel that is built in Super AMOLED as long as the glass won't break? I will surely tell my younger brother to be careful handling my phone :(

4. Rovimeldo

Rovimeldo Lurker
    None

Oct 19, 2011
    Philippines
    also did you sit on your's facing the screen against you? did you sit on the screen or at the back?

5. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    All I can say is that mine survived both incidents unscathed. It was in a rear pocket facing glass inwards.

6. icedtea

icedtea Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    Male
    to be sure, AVOID such incidents :) better safe than sorry. . .

7. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None