1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Parking Lot / Fleet App Request

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by kenshi3, Oct 21, 2014.

1. kenshi3

kenshi3 Lurker

Hi I work at a Car rental company, everyday I have to do a count of 100+ veichles located in 76 rows +, some cars stay in same place , some don't.

I want an app that I can take a picture of car , mark down their Unit #, license plate #, type of car and color, so everyday I can just walk up and down through the rows to see if they are the same cars quickly by glancing at the photo and Unit number in the app.

Because as of right now, I have to take a crappy company scanner and scan barcodes on everysingle car everyday thats 100+ cars everyday. If I could just change the ones that moved and the original stay the same and update them to the excel sheet + my company's system. That would be great !

I can easily swap vehicles delete and add new vehicles due to some leaving for rent and some replace them.

I've been looking all over playstore but find nothing similar.. please help !

Thanks,
    -Ken

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

Sorry, I don't know an app to do that although general spreadsheet or database app (memento) would be a start.

Fwiw, I would have thought scanning is quicker and less chance for error than relying on a human to compare numbers.

3. kenshi3

kenshi3 Lurker

thanks memento is a good start for me, only downside is not being able to translate unit #s i mark down over to the computer.

The scanning barcode is fustrating at times when its raining outside, the label might not detect and I have to open the gas cap for the dry barcode inside which is a hassle. Also this app allows me to easily search a unit # and see which row they are in which is a huge + .