• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Parse Error for .apk

Status
Not open for further replies.

llVlUGEN

Lurker
Sep 7, 2011
I know this has been answered many times but since every case is unique im guessing it shouldn't hurt to ask.

Specs; (Rooted with z4ROOT)

Phone- Huawei Ascend M860

Android OS- v. 2.3.5 Gingerbaby

Rom- CM7 .2-Ascend-07/28/2011

Kernel- 2.6.29-perf Icarus@chaos #1

Build#- GRI90

CWM- v. 3.0.0.5

SuperUser- v. 2.6.3 (Su Binary v. 2.3.2-efgh

File Manager- CM7 stock

I recently downloaded a $#!7load of apps via a torrent site, over 9000 <--seriously, and among them were the oh so famous emulators and what-nots. I was very exited to see that my cunning had saved me the burden of reminiscing over how poor i am, so i quickly finished setting up my new boot logo, flashed the rom, set up the basics, and transferred my wonderful apps via USB.

not 3 minutes later a wretched sign plastered its filth over my screen mocking me with the words..

" Parse Error : There is a problem parsing the package."

now. normally i come here and lurk usually to find the answer, but, not this time.....im sorry and can you please help me out.

if theyre corrupted i have no idea, and as far as installing them....i've tried astro manager, the stock file manager, i've sent them through google, and ghost commander pro....all with the same end result.

different managers, or explorers is not going to make a difference...;)

do you have any kind of friend or family to try one of the apk's out on their smartphone. if they get the error then it's defiantly corrupted.
but if it goes through then its the ascend, maybe it cant even install that app.

Upvote 0
I know this has been answered many times but since every case is unique im guessing it shouldn't hurt to ask.

Specs; (Rooted with z4ROOT)

Phone- Huawei Ascend M860

Android OS- v. 2.3.5 Gingerbaby

Rom- CM7 .2-Ascend-07/28/2011

Kernel- 2.6.29-perf Icarus@chaos #1

Build#- GRI90

CWM- v. 3.0.0.5

SuperUser- v. 2.6.3 (Su Binary v. 2.3.2-efgh

File Manager- CM7 stock

I recently downloaded a $#!7load of apps via a torrent site, over 9000 <--seriously, and among them were the oh so famous emulators and what-nots. I was very exited to see that my cunning had saved me the burden of reminiscing over how poor i am, so i quickly finished setting up my new boot logo, flashed the rom, set up the basics, and transferred my wonderful apps via USB.

not 3 minutes later a wretched sign plastered its filth over my screen mocking me with the words..

" Parse Error : There is a problem parsing the package."

now. normally i come here and lurk usually to find the answer, but, not this time.....im sorry and can you please help me out.

^This
Per the Site Rules/Guidelines

AndroidForums does not condone copyright infringement nor software piracy.

So please dont discuss torrent site, and support all the workers and actors and just buy the movie...

And you will not get any support for pirated apps.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones