• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PARSE ERROR

Pfaugh

Lurker
Nov 26, 2016
Does anyone know why I'm getting a PARSE ERROR message when I try to load an IMG file into USB Burning Tool? Here is what I've done so far.

• Downloaded latest version of Amlogic USB Burning Tool v2.0.7.2, Previous version didn't work either.
  • Installed and Run as Administrator on PC
  • Downloaded and unzipped M8S_5.1.1_Firmware_Update from China Gadgets
  • I've actually downloaded several files for the M8S Box from several sources with the same result
  • Select img. file
  • Parse error message
USB Burning Tool will connect to the box. The box is completely dead after I tried to update the firmware using the SD Card, reset method, no lights.

Any help would be great, thank you.

I've downloaded several files, all claiming to be factory firmware. None of the files will load into Amlogic USB Burning Tool even before I connect it to the box. This leads me believe there is something wrong with the compatibility with the PC. So I down loaded an earlier version of Amlogic USB Burning Tool with the same result.

Not to worry, I set the box on the shelf and purchased a new box with Android 6 already installed,.

Problem solved.

Upvote 0
It's an incompatibility error..that's that.
In other words, until you don't ''upgrade'' your firmware..you won't be able to access it.

I am using the latest Ver 2.08 ...according to al the videos I watched u don't have to plug the device until u load the image into the USB tool then u can burn it into the Device...my USB tool wont load any image I tried many I even changed the platform from windows 10 to7 still the same message..

Upvote 0
It's like our Asian friend said..it's the file...try to get a good one..look four different diversions on the same app you are trying to acquier..more likely has something wrong when it was written..no necessarily it's your phone..my first suggestion was just a supposition..obviously that wasn't it...I'm guessing isn't an app you are trying to get, is it?, keep in mind this is a Samsung forum..if it's an application tell me the name and version I'll try to find it for you..

Upvote 0
bricked m8s tv box by upgrading to lollipop.....blue light no video with recovery mode gone west Used usb burning tool 208 & 216 loaded suggested image in this thread. On power up Now the light goes from blue to red ad still no joy. recovery image files give parsing error message & will not load So would like to get an image that would solve my problem

Upvote 0
worked out the problem the firmware must be image of the whole flash not just images from sd card methodology !!
Got the the M8S back from the dead
I bricked my MS8 by attempt to upgrade from kitty cat to lollipop using sd card method. LED shone blue ...no video! Tried to do sd card back to kit cat blind didn't work either! Then tried USB
burning tool 2.0.5.....2.1.6 Only complete image files load properly Settled on 2.0.8 burning tool and tried 2 images that didn't work at all First one led flicked from blue to red no video second one led stayed blue and again no video
The image from https://mega.nz/#!xXpVCbbB!R1zm-0XI3Y2fCvV8zkOMvEuzQZK9hzmAY3On-fC4Vic" brought the box back from the dead
There are 2 usb ports on the back use only the one on the left
M/B details
XT-S812-V10
2015-08-04
2G/8G S812 11/26 2230
Worked wonders

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones