• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps parsing an XML file in android

hello all

I am trying to understand a tutorial which focuses on parsing an XML file in android.
But I can not understand the class "ParserXMLHandler" and the function "getView" in class ListeFeedAdapter.

Here is the link of the site where I found the tutorial:
http://thibault-koprowski.fr/2010/10/15/tutoriel-parsing-xml-sous-android/ # comment-155

it is a good tutorial ;)
Have fun and please try to give me more clarifications about them
thank you in advance :eek:

I dont read or speak French but it sounds like you are trying to tackle two problems at once.

Understanding ListViews and ListAdapters is an important task that is more than enough to fill a tutorial.

Similarly, understanding XML parsing is another complex task that coul make for it's own tutorial. Using the SAXParser is especially complicated.

I would suggest you try and find a different tutorial for Listviews (and List Adapters) first, then see about XML later. Possibly considering the DOM parser instead of the SAXParser.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones