• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help partial SD card access and phone reset to android 2.2?

STR1K3

Lurker
Jan 7, 2012
Hey guys here's my problem

I forgot to charge my phone, so it died on me. I go home to charge it, i let it sit for a bit, then a hour or so later, i turn it on and i get a bunch of error messages. They are about the same but for different apps.

The application TeslaLED (process com.teslacoilsw.flashlight) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I click through them thinking that this is odd, and i open the android market, shocked that it seems to have reverted itself to the old version of the market place.
I flip though my apps and see that a bunch are missing. My initial instinct is that the SD card isn't mounted. I pull the back of my phone, clean it a bit, remove then replace the micro sd card. No dice. I take a look at my music (which is all on my SD card) and its all there and i can play it. I plug my phone in to my laptop and i can access it. So it doesn't seem to be a SD card problem.

Lastly i took a look at my firmware and android version, and while im not 100% sure, i was fairly certain i was running android 2.23 and not 2.2. My guess is that somehow my phone has reverted to an older version of android and the program errors are because there isn't android 2.2 support for those programs.

So has my phone magically reverted back to 2.2? and all i have to do to get things back to normal is re-install 2.23? EDIT after some more research it seems according to telus i should be running 2.2 and it seems i am. Im at a complete loss at whats happened, any ideas?

Any help is much appreciated.

Phone is not rooted. SD card is the original. No Task killer used. My phone is on the Telus network.

I thought 2.2.2 was the last update to 2.2?

Your phone cant just revert to an older version of android. Once an update or new version has been installed, the older version no longer exists, even with a factory reset it remains on the last update installed.

It could just be an sd card corruption.

Download h2test2 for windows: Download H2testw 1.4 Free - Check your USB for errors with this tool. - Softpedia and test your sd card for errors. You can mount the card from the phone in mass storage mode as yoiu would normally transfer files and run it.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones