• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Partial word contact search

burkeam

Lurker
Nov 4, 2011
NW OH
Does anyone know of a contact app that can do partial word/name searches?

I've just loaded in over 3000 contacts and believe blackberry isn't the only ones finding this a effective business tool.

I would like to type in the 1st 2-3 letters of someone's first or last name and business. Just so reader understand. If I wanted to look up my contact at "acme cool devices" and can remember if it was "joe" "John" or "jerry smith". from the berry main screen I just type "ac sm" and it would display all matches of any contact name/company with any combination starting with AC and SM.

I've download and tried several application with all kinds of features but NEED partial multiple inquiry's
Thanks in advance
Burke

Go contacts has this feature. I can type in the first couple letters of someone's name (t9 on dial pad), or the first few numbers works too.

Edit: I just read your post more carefully. Go contacts doesn't do the thing with typing in two letters of company name and two letters of his last name. Sorry.

Upvote 0
Have you tried just using the caontact app. hitting the search button and typing in the name or company. This method will only search the main name field. You have other fields, within that contact, to add other names, phone numbers, etc. Also, this method does search both first and last names.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones