1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

partially corrupt file

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by theo0, Jun 19, 2021.

1. theo0

theo0 Lurker

Was just wondering about a corrupt file that I have on my phone. I took a video a few days ago which is 55min long and 4gb. I used a 3rd party app called cameraMX. The video saved to DCIM. But when I go to play it it is only twelve minutes long and can not play the full vid. Also, when I try to edit the video, it says the format is not supported. Is there any way to get the full 55min vid ? Thank you all for your help

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Have you tried opening the video file using a different video player?
    VLC is a great one

ocnbrze and mikedt like this.
  3. theo0

theo0 Lurker

Yes, I tried vlc, and it still plays a 12min video.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sounds like it's either corrupted, or there's something weird with the encoding that the app did. Try playing or editing it on a PC or Mac?

I don't know this "cameraMX" of course. One thought with 4GB video size, was the video stored in internal storage, or to a FAT32 formatted Micro-SD. Because the latter can't store files larger than 4GB, and maybe the video got truncated as a result?

Dannydet likes this.
  5. theo0

theo0 Lurker

Wow, thanks for the quick answer. No the video is stored on internal storage. And yes I have tried playing it on QuickTime on Mac. I have also tried MP4fix. What’s weird is the camera didn’t shut off before the end of the video, I pressed stop recording and everything was normal then.

6. theo0

theo0 Lurker

Hey, does anyone have any good ideas ?
    Help !

POCOPHONE F1 Forum

The POCOPHONE F1 release date was August 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.18" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6/8GB RAM, Snapdragon 845 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

August 2018
Release Date
Reviews