• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

partially corrupt file

theo0

Lurker
Jun 19, 2021
Was just wondering about a corrupt file that I have on my phone. I took a video a few days ago which is 55min long and 4gb. I used a 3rd party app called cameraMX. The video saved to DCIM. But when I go to play it it is only twelve minutes long and can not play the full vid. Also, when I try to edit the video, it says the format is not supported. Is there any way to get the full 55min vid ? Thank you all for your help

Was just wondering about a corrupt file that I have on my phone. I took a video a few days ago which is 55min long and 4gb. I used a 3rd party app called cameraMX. The video saved to DCIM. But when I go to play it it is only twelve minutes long and can not play the full vid. Also, when I try to edit the video, it says the format is not supported. Is there any way to get the full 55min vid ? Thank you all for your help

Sounds like it's either corrupted, or there's something weird with the encoding that the app did. Try playing or editing it on a PC or Mac?

I don't know this "cameraMX" of course. One thought with 4GB video size, was the video stored in internal storage, or to a FAT32 formatted Micro-SD. Because the latter can't store files larger than 4GB, and maybe the video got truncated as a result?

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Wow, thanks for the quick answer. No the video is stored on internal storage. And yes I have tried playing it on QuickTime on Mac. I have also tried MP4fix. What’s weird is the camera didn’t shut off before the end of the video, I pressed stop recording and everything was normal then.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones