1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Partition brick

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steeldonkey, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Steeldonkey

Steeldonkey Lurker

I ended up messing up my sbl1 partition (after I backed it up) long story short , I now am bricked in dload mode . I can fix this easy if I could get the files needed . Which are included in the phones .cab (kdz) the problem is the files that live in the .cab are .wdb which can be extracted with lgextract in most cases . However this is not the case , lgextract crashes on my widows 7 x64 system after I attempt to run the wdb extract command 'lgextract -wdb file.wdb model.dll' with the error message of "wrong password" .I need the mbn files that are inside of the .wdb so I guess what I am saying is , if someone knows how to make lgextract work for the us780 or has the files already please give me a hand , thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. creed10

creed10 Android Enthusiast

unfortunately I do not know how to get that to work nor do I have said files. :( I'm sorry

3. Steeldonkey

Steeldonkey Lurker

Np man thanks for the reply ...

4. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Android Expert

You can't boot to system?

5. zhou qiang

zhou qiang Newbie

6. monticello

monticello Well-Known Member

7. Steeldonkey

Steeldonkey Lurker

No the phone won't turn on what so ever ... However with the files in the .wdb file I can fix it , however the program that is used to extract the .wdb crashes on my system for whatever reason ...

8. Steeldonkey

Steeldonkey Lurker

I see what your saying chevanlol , to be honest that's the only reason I felt it safe to reboot the dang thing lol . I did backup all partitions before hand .... Not sure that's of much help n

9. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Android Expert

Nope, unless it can boot having your partitions backed up is useless lol. I don't think that the firmware that you flash inside download mode have that file either. Lol send it to lg and tell em their OTA screwed up your phone, did it once and they fixed it and sent it back free haha. That is if you're still under warranty.

10. Steeldonkey

Steeldonkey Lurker

Yeah that's probably the best idea .... All though lol I have a new idea to try out ... Maybe some of the generic mbn files floating around might work :)
    I have a favor though . id like to compare the partition tables between the us780 , f260s and boost 870 .... If anyone has the time to post a screenshot it would be most appreciated ... Thanks

LG Optimus F7 Forum

The LG Optimus F7 release date was June 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, processor, and 2540mAh battery.

June 2013
Release Date
Reviews