• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Partition brick

Steeldonkey

Lurker
Oct 26, 2014
I ended up messing up my sbl1 partition (after I backed it up) long story short , I now am bricked in dload mode . I can fix this easy if I could get the files needed . Which are included in the phones .cab (kdz) the problem is the files that live in the .cab are .wdb which can be extracted with lgextract in most cases . However this is not the case , lgextract crashes on my widows 7 x64 system after I attempt to run the wdb extract command 'lgextract -wdb file.wdb model.dll' with the error message of "wrong password" .I need the mbn files that are inside of the .wdb so I guess what I am saying is , if someone knows how to make lgextract work for the us780 or has the files already please give me a hand , thanks

I see what your saying chevanlol , to be honest that's the only reason I felt it safe to reboot the dang thing lol . I did backup all partitions before hand .... Not sure that's of much help n
Nope, unless it can boot having your partitions backed up is useless lol. I don't think that the firmware that you flash inside download mode have that file either. Lol send it to lg and tell em their OTA screwed up your phone, did it once and they fixed it and sent it back free haha. That is if you're still under warranty.

Upvote 0
Nope, unless it can boot having your partitions backed up is useless lol. I don't think that the firmware that you flash inside download mode have that file either. Lol send it to lg and tell em their OTA screwed up your phone, did it once and they fixed it and sent it back free haha. That is if you're still under warranty.

Yeah that's probably the best idea .... All though lol I have a new idea to try out ... Maybe some of the generic mbn files floating around might work :)
I have a favor though . id like to compare the partition tables between the us780 , f260s and boost 870 .... If anyone has the time to post a screenshot it would be most appreciated ... Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones